Sunday, April 28, 2013

Tax Returns

Evan's sister, Sara, decided to spend (part of) her tax return on a flight to visit us!  Yahoo for tax returns.  Sara's baby Charlie was born only a couple weeks after we moved to Michigan so this was the first time we got to meet him.  Evan worked a bunch the week they were here and I didn't get a single picture of "uncle Evan" and Charlie. BOO!  Most of the week involved hanging out while one of the kids was napping, but we did make it out of the house a few times...even though the weather was crazy all week.  Cold/snowing, sunny/warm, windy/rainy which involved our power going out for several hours.

Meet 10 month old Charlie
Autumn stopped taking baths after visiting her cousins in North Carolina who take showers.  She has now rediscovered a love for the bathtub.  Charlie was a little frightened of Autumn's "Spunk".
Charlie and his snot bubble!  We ventured to the park one afternoon, because it was warm.  By the time we walked there it had gotten chilly.
Autumn and our neighbor "Kate".  Autumn says "Kate" and points to her apartment whenever we go outside.
Autumn outgrew her tennis shoes, so she was sporting her church shoes for a few days before her new ones got here.  Autumn enjoyed using Charlie's stroller, sitting in his car seat, and using the high chair we borrowed for Charlie.
We took the kiddos to the "Hands-On" museum in Ann Arbor.  They had a great preschool section.  Autumn really liked the little staircase with the railing that she could hang on to.  The only problem is now she thinks she can use the railing to climb the stairs up to our apartment...which doesn't work the same when you have to stand on your tip-toes.
Charlie's favorite was a trail thingy that plastic balls traveled on.  You could pull levers, pull switches, etc. to change the course the ball was traveling.
Light table with magnetic shapes.
Autumn also enjoyed splashing in the water.  (Check out that crazy face!)
Another one of Autumn's favorite things was this magnetic thingy?  The adults thought it was cool that her hair clip kept getting stuck and even got "ripped" out of her hair by the magnet.
Play time at home.  Autumn likes to rock her baby back and forth if I sing, "rock-a-bye baby"

Autumn had some good lessons in sharing.  By the end of the week she screamed less and didn't hit Charlie as much.
This is one of my favorite pictures of the week.  I was trying to get a picture of the two of them and obviously Autumn didn't want to.  That kid is always in motion.
One of Autumn's "new things" is playing with my costume jewelry.  So Charlie joined in one morning while the moms got ready for the day.
Saturday Evan finally had a day off so we went to the mall play area.  Autumn just wanted to sit in Charlie's stroller.  Charlie had fun playing though.  After the mall there were many naps to be had.  We attempted to visit a "Diners Drive ins and Dives" restaurant, but after getting lost and waiting for over 45 minutes at the hole in the wall restaurant with no waiting area with two babies we came home!
Playing with the plastic food.  The kids loved when Sara would hunk the fruit at them!


Almost exactly 6 months apart and pretty much the same size.
Playing outside in the nice weather.  She is quite the rascal.  I thought she looked kinda funny this day so I took a picture.  She always insists on using the neighbor's sippy cup!  Please notice despite her dorky hat and her belly showing, her new shoes arrived from aunt Jess and I LOVE them.

 Love the matching grump faces from these cousins
Last photo before we had to say goodbye :(

6 comments:

  1. I like Autumn's haircut. My kids have also rediscovered baths...in the sink because our tub still doesn't work. Can't wait to meet a non-sick spunky little Autumn.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heather, I have a friend who is in same situation as you and she uses a Rubbermaid storage tub to bathe her kiddos! Just a thought!

      Delete
  2. Autumn is quite the goer. I'm worn out just looking at the pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We had so much fun! I am so glad you took a lot of pictures. I will still have to get mine downloaded! Hope to see you in July!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun to see your sister and for autumn to have a cousin to play with!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The shoes look soooo cute!!!! Almost as cute as Autumn!!! And it's so much fun to have cousins the same age. :-). My niece is 5 months older than Korey, and I'm totally looking forward to them running around together; just like I can't wait to see her with Autimn, Alice, and Rex who are all also close in age! The reunions will be awesome!!!!

    ReplyDelete