Walk/jumping on a trampoline
It's a dry heat here. I loved Arizona and the heat, but Michigan and the humidity heat was yucky. I'm glad to be back to the dry heat. After a cold Michigan spring I think my bones have finally thawed out.
They recycle here! We ordered this cool recycle bin from Amazon as not to confuse our guests when visiting which bin is recycling and which bin is trash (Mom, you should really get one too)
There are a lot of down to earth friendly people. Some are cowboys, I mean this is the Cowboy State. And they are not messing around when it comes to the western gear apparently!
The sky is picturesque. The sunsets don't hold a candle to Arizona sunsets, but the sky is blue and clear. Every time I think it's going to rain the wind blows the clouds past Cheyenne. (I learned at the DMV (mvd) in Arizona that Cheyenne was literally the windiest city in the US, but my Google search can't confirm that). For now the breeze is nice...we'll see come January.
Autumn at another city festival, the Celtic Festival. Not as fun as the week before.
| Trying on shoes at the Wrangler store |
-Fort Collins (45 minutes away) has a Cafe Rio
-No state income tax
-The library is top rated and has an awesome children's section
-I live within walking distance to a great park. It has a city pool and splash pad (although you have to pay for the splash pad. Boo.), two different areas of play structures, duck pond, paddle boats, and a "Children't Village"-where they do science-y things, have a marsh and stream to wad in and sand areas.
-The busiest street in Wyoming is in Cheyenne and is just as busy as the road we LIVED on in Michigan, AKA not that busy.
-There is an Air Force base in town so we hear the National Anthem with trumpet players at 7:30 am and 4:30 pm every day
-There is a great diversity of people here. Probably because the city programs are really good at taking care of people
-And only in a small town/state would the GOVERNOR show up to a graduation ceremony for a residency program. He seemed liked a real honest humble guy. I didn't talk to him, but he said "a few words" at the dinner we went to last week.
My Cheyenne Bucket List:
-Go on the city trolley tour ride
-Go to Cheyenne's Frontier Days: World's largest outdoor rodeo and western celebration
-Go to Yellowstone National Park
-See all 19 of the "Cheyenne Big Boots"
Small towns are where it's at. I'm jealous. I guess I'll just have to come visit...when I get rich. I don't know if I want to drive that far.
ReplyDeleteGlad you are adjusting to Cheyenne!! We will have to meet up some time. Cheyenne had a pretty cool 4th of July fire works display too!
ReplyDeleteOne of my good friends runs the library. She's super fun. You could be her friend if you want =) You'll probably be able to hear the CFD concerts from your apt!
ReplyDelete