Sunday, July 7, 2013

I'm a good mom

Let's not sugar coat things, I'm a pretty good mom.  I've been struggling lately though.  Evan is actually working resident-like hours scheduled for 12 hours, but really works 14 (for clarification...I meant per day, not week).  I'm a much better mom, when Evan is around.  I don't ever want to be a single mom.  Evan is much better at putting Autumn to bed (she recently has decided she must jump on her trampoline, eat a snack, get a drink of water ect. before bed).  Evan is better at playing with her.  He even is getting better and putting matching clothes on her (he is getting better at it, but he isn't better at me).  Having him around rejuvenates me-it allows me to feel like a better mom. (Not to mention I got a nap today since he had the day off). 

Evan worked on the fourth of July (he was suppose to have a half day but didn't get home until 8pm WHINE WHINE WHINE).  I was a good mom though and let Autumn watch the fireworks, even though I just wanted to stay home, because I had a long week and I didn't want to bother trying to get her back to bed after the fireworks.  I did it anyway.
I had the hardest time getting a cute picture of her on the Fourth.  This is the best I could do, while at the park before nap.
I guess this one is pretty cute too.
I made pudding this week so we could re-try pudding painting.  Again didn't last longer than 90 seconds, but we did it outside so the hose cleaned the mess up quickly.  I was a good mom and let her lick BOTH beaters though.
It is much worse when Evan works on a day I think he should be home (like a national holiday or Saturdays).  So while Evan was working on Saturday, I fed Autumn ice cream for dinner.  I didn't want to cook.  Not that she would have eaten something I cooked.  It even took a lot of coercing to get her to eat the ice cream.  So next week I'll try harder, but I still may give her ice cream for dinner-can't be worse than the animal crackers and "veggie" chips she usually eats for dinner.

2 comments:

  1. Alice has started this naughty trick, where even though we feed her literally 5 minutes before we put her to bed, she stands and yells "APPLESAUCE! I HUNGY!" from her bed until her nice dad feeds her. I refuse too. I totally feel you...my parenting skills go down hill at like 7...good thing my kids have a dad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love her patriotic outfit! I let my girls stay up for fireworks this year and the night ended grouchy with a lot of mosquito bites. I'm not sure it's worth it.

    ReplyDelete