I made a valiant effort at keeping up with the advent activities each day, but it didn't pan out like I thought it would. It was really difficult to do an activity each night with Evan's work schedule. We did make cookies a couple times, we attempted to donate some toys to Toys for Tots, but they already picked up the donation bins (my mother-in-law donated them to the school instead), we watched the LDS Christmas devotional, Autumn painted a Christmas figure, when Evan finally had a day off we drove around and looked at Christmas lights (we went with Evan's parents and Evan fell asleep in the car). Autumn and I went to the ward Christmas party and Autumn "sang" Christmas Bells.
| Grace, Juniper, June, and Autumn |
This Christmas season I have learned a lot about forgiveness. One day Evan says to me, "you're going to need move nativities off the TV stand because the new TV is being delivered Monday." Excuse me? Yes Evan bought HIMSELF (even though he claims it was for the family-I'm pretty sure I've been asking for a new car for months NOT a jumbo tron) without talking to me about it first. See why I had to learn about forgiveness. I don't mean to sound irreverent. This was a really tough pill for me to swallow. I was furious for two days. Then I had a little talk with myself. I thought, "boy, Evan is going to ruin the Christmas season for me because I am so mad at him." Then I reminded myself that it was my fault if I was mad at him. So I decided to forgive him, but I knew I had to really mean it for it to work. So I let him have his fun setting it up and am trying very hard not to spoil his fun. Although I have asked him to get a ride to work a few times, when I need the car, instead of me trying to find rides. Not in a revengeful way, but in a you need to understand where I'm coming from way.
The TV is so big in our little apartment that I literally get sick while watching some TV shows.
Painting a Christmas dog
Autumn loves all babies. She really likes carrying baby Jesus around the house. New words this season, "Jesus", "Santa", and "Mall". I'm pretty sure she gets what Christmas is about ;)
For Christmas Sunday I put Autumn's hair in curlers....I think she looked like a devil.
Baby was missing for awhile but reappeared Christmas Sunday morning and she even wore a pink dress, like Autumn, to church.
Last night. Since Evan is working late on Christmas Eve we did my family's traditions with some friends. Which included acting out the nativity and playing Bingo.
Autumn's buddies: June (cow), Sophie (angel), Connor (Sheppard) and then of course Autumn as a wise man.
Evan and I played Joesph and Mary.
Autumn was obsessed with the baby and didn't want to leave him in the manger. My friend Brooklyn dressed up as a wise man too! Her husband hates acting our the nativity, but she loves it so it was easy to convince her to join in the fun.
Oh man that tv is HUGE! I think I'd be pretty darn mad too! Haha. Trevor would love that tv. He keeps saying that with the money he earns from his first moonlighting shift he is buying a huge tv. I've kinda given up on fighting it. :) looks like you guys had some fun Christmas activities!
ReplyDeleteAutumn is getting too cute. I will send you a paper bag to put over her head and a stick to beat back the boys.
ReplyDelete