Monday, December 2, 2013

Take that Pinterest

Evan's brother came to visit about a month ago.  We had him tag along with us to various places including the mall playplace, story time at the library and the hardware store.  When I told him the project I was thinking about making for Autumn, a latch board you see all over Pinterest, he said something like..."Wouldn't it be more fun if the latches actually did something?"  Why yes, yes it would I thought, but I don't know how to do that.  So Patrick volunteered to make my project for me.  It is pretty sweet.  So sweet that I'm saving it to give to Autumn for Christmas.  So take that Pinterest.  Best homemade gift I ever made ;)
One of Autumn's favorite activities a few weeks ago...putting ALL her toys on the trampoline...then jumping.
Also putting the tent on the trampoline and the diaper changing pad and all the "little people".
And putting Uncle Patrick's watch on her leg
and playing board games
We had Thanksgiving dinner a month early because we thought Patrick would have started his new job before Thanksgiving.  Turns out he'll be here until Christmas. YAY! 
Sanding, sanding, sanding
Evan woke up from his slumber and helped out a bit.  Evan was working nights.
Patrick drilling holes for the hardware.  I don't have a picture of the finished project yet, still waiting for my slave to attach the knobs so it is easier to open the doors.

2 comments:

  1. You have Patrick making on for Charlie too, right? Kidding. How cool to have everyone there to help and keep you sane while Evan works long hours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm excited to see the final product :)

    ReplyDelete