We really celebrate Autumn's birth on her half birthday, but I still tried to make the day somewhat special for her.
We made animal pancakes for breakfast. She really liked that I attempted to make the pancakes different shapes, she even appreciated the "balls" I made.I let her pick out a "new" outfit out of her "too big clothes" box.
After nap time she wanted a cookie, so I stuck 2 candles in it and "Baby" blew them out.
Then I attempted to take a picture of her with the stocking the nurses put her in when she was only a few minutes old. This Is the best I got...Baby in the stocking and the back of Autumn.
Autumn discovered my old old digital camera a few days before this so I finally found batteries and she is in love with her "see".
That night since it was Christmas Eve we went to the in-laws. We facetimed (that is another non-word like texted) with Evan's sister Sara and Google video chatted with his other sister Meagan while they all opened up presents from us. My niece Kallie (with Sara's help) put together this book of the bedtime story Grandpa use to tell his kids (even if Meagan doesn't remember) and now tells the grandkids. He was very surprised even though I had him record the story a couple months prior for a gift for Evan. I included the audio of him telling the story with the books.
Finally! I have been checking every day to see your Christmas photos! It looks like you had tons of fun. We miss you and hope to be able to celebrate in the future!
ReplyDelete