Thursday, April 17, 2014

April

 Evan's brother, Patrick, had big birthday.  He was really kind and let Autumn help blow out the candles...then we re-lit the candles and watched for forever as Autumn tried to get all the candles out by herself.

 Autumn loves to help Evan make "Daddy drink" aka protein shake.  Autumn helps peel the bananas and uses her finger to swipe the peanut butter into the blender. 
 The other day Autumn asked me to paint her toe nails..with blues and pinks.  I'm thinking this is an omen for the gender of our babies.
 Autumn loves to "see" and "help" with almost everything. Autumn was helping to make fruit smoothies last night and was eating the frozen fruit and needed her coat because she got cold.
 For playgroup today we had a Easter egg scavenger hunt.  I hid eggs in our backyard filled with papers that gave a clue to another place to look for an egg...with another clue etc.  until the kids found bags of Goldfish snacks.  (I know I'm mean...no candy)
 Autumn insisted on using her sand toy bucket instead of her actual Easter basket.
 Autumn refused to pose with the kids from the playgroup.
 After a nap and a trip to the park (which made me so tired.  I usually can walk home from the park in 25-30 minutes I think it took me 45 minutes today and I had to stop and take a break at one point, pretty pathetic)  we dyed hard-boiled eggs with Evan's fam.
 Autumn was quite aggressive with the dunking of the eggs.  Snow White also "dyed" an egg.


Twin update (in case you think of it as much as I do):  I stopped reading all the twin books.  I took them back to the library.  I still haven't heard any positive recent birth stories.  I had a routine appointment this week.  By mistake the scheduler cancelled my appointment so instead of seeing the midwife I saw a snarkee- careless OB who treated me like I was ticking time-bomb just because I'm having twins.  I didn't like her attitude toward labor and delivery.  I also realized there are about 6 OB/GYNs and 6 Midwifes so I'd have to see both of them and I probably wouldn't have enough appointments to meet all of them.  Also if the babies are born before 37 weeks at the hospital I was originally going to deliver at they would automatically go to the NICU.  I hate the idea of my babies getting stuck in NICU even if they are healthy.  So Evan and I decided I will have the babies at his hospital, even though we originally decided that we didn't want all the nurses hating him because I'm a "difficult" patient.  So Evan is going to going to ask around and see if we can find one doctor willing to deliver my babies opposed to having to be at the mercy of a group of doctors.
Also Autumn has started to talk to the twins.  When we read stories she likes to rest her elbow on me.  I told her she can't do that anymore because it hurts the babies (really I just don't want her elbow in my gut).  So now when we read stories she puts a pillow on my belly and rests her elbow there.  

1 comment:

  1. My friend's sister had twins vaginally 2 years ago in Utah. She said that all things considered the birth went well. She had to have an epidural, but I think I might even go for an epidural with twins and I think that's saying something. Is that recent enough? I'll keep asking around--I know lots of people with twins. Ok not really, but I'll still keep asking around.

    ReplyDelete