Sunday, June 8, 2014

Since we've been home

Here is a couple of "every day" pictures....

Autumn eating peanut butter from the jar...she likes to do that when I make her sandwiches...except for today after church when I realized we were out of bread, so I handed her the jar and a spoon and called that lunch.
Autumn doing her chore...putting away the flatware.  She thought it was fun the first couple times.  Now of course she doesn't want to do it, but she gets time-out if she doesn't. Most of the time the time-out is a result of her throwing her plastic spoons all over the floor.
One day way back when I was in Utah I left Autumn with my mom and flew back for my 20 week ultra sound...they were so unaccommodating with Evan's work schedule that this is what worked best so he could come.  Well it is fun to see the babies move around, but laying flat on my back for 2 solid hours was so very painful and the ultra sound tech wouldn't tell me what was going on, so I was also very bored.  (I've since switched doctors..again.  And am very happy.)  Oh yeah, we're having one boy and one girl!  Just what we wanted!
 On memorial day we drove to Denver to look at a used car.  It smelt like smoke so we didn't buy it.  Since Evan was working in Denver he couldn't drive us back to Cheyenne. We ended up staying in Denver a few days with him at the hotel.  Luckily with some hard work and determination we found and bought a van.  I feel like a free woman.  Not only can I drive myself to the library- without having to come up with some elaborate plan of getting a ride or borrowing a car and switching car seats a million times-but Autumn can climb in and buckle herself...even if it does take longer, I don't have to bend over to buckle her or lift her up in the car.  Also it is really shiny.  This is Autumn and I posing (me at 25 weeks).  I put this maxi skirt on in the morning (because seamless yoga pants are more comfortable than pants), so Autumn wanted to dress up too.  She also wanted to be in the picture because I was using the self timer...the only time she is willing to take a picture...and she also wanted to touch her belly.
Another note:  I found a game Autumn and I can play together that doesn't involve me getting off the couch.  So we were playing said game and Autumn standing towards me on my left said pokes my belly and says, "boy baby? girl baby?"  I replied, "that is the boy baby"  So she takes her toys that she is playing with and moves to my right side and says, "I sit by girl baby".  It is funny to see how much she "gets" in regards to the babies.  She also likes to stand by the window and "wait for babies" to come.

Autumn's favorite, more involved game is airplane.  We usually ride in the airplane a.k.a dinning room chairs in the living room for about 6 seconds and then have to get up because we are "here" and then sit back down and do it again.  So one day I got bored of sitting down and standing up so I told her the plane crashed and I needed a doctor.  So now the game gets dragged out a little longer.  Autumn is always the doctor and her favorite is giving shots.

4 comments:

  1. Rex used to have a game like the airplane one called "Cowboy Rex" that we had to play over and over and over again. It gets worse. Soon you have to come up with long narratives and adventures for cars to go on... and then you discover Legos and life gets better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look adorable! You carry twins fabulously!! Congrats on the baby boy and girl---how exciting! We have those same green shoes by the way, so cute. I can't wait to see those babies---except not for a few more months, right? (And P.S. Autumn is a very pretty little girl. All kids are cute, but she's beautiful.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute! It looked like autumn was holding her belly in that pic & then I read that she was :) Hilarious! That will be so nice not only to have a minivan but a vehicle in general. Woohoo for library trips and errands while being independent. Excited for your boy & girl twins :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bahaha Justin and I are laughing out loud! That Autumn... so stinking cute and creative! Lexie's favorite thing when we were playing together for the first time was "drive thru window" I had to be all kinds of customers and order different things. She would take the orders and make the food... Now she Barbie's and makes them do that stuff =)

    ReplyDelete