Friday, July 18, 2014

More cousin fun

Evan's niece and a couple of nephews came up to spend a week with grandma and grandpa.  Most of their fun was had while Autumn and I were napping, but we did tag along to a few outings.  For weeks Autumn talked about going on a green boat with Kallie.  Luckily when we went to ride the paddle boats a green one was available and Kallie was really great at appeasing Autumn and her desires.
Lots of guitar/harmonica/drum/piano lessons from grandma and grandpa.  Autumn wanted to keep her cow make-up on to show dad when he got home from work.  She liked to strum along with her ukulele. 

One night I was reading bedtime stories to Autumn and there was a rainbow pictured in the book.  She asked, "what is that?" So I explained (to the best of my knowledge) about rainbows.  Then we read from the Old Testament scripture reader about Noah and the ark and of course a rainbow.  Well then Evan came home from work and as we are putting her to sleep she points out the window that there is a rainbow.  I think to myself "no way, what are the odds?."  But I look out the window to find the brightest, prettiest, most vivid rainbow I've ever seen.  Not to mention it was a full rainbow and a "double" rainbow.  So that called for a late bedtime and we all went out and admired it for awhile.
The pictures however do not do it justice.
The first day the kids were here I hosted our ward's playgroup.  I made some "washable" paint and let the kids paint the fence.  That was a hit...with everyone except my mother-in-law who has since "banned" me from every painting again. (It didn't quite come off the fence;)  I conceded until the next day when I painted the kids' faces for the Chic-Fil-A event ;)
I also set up a slip-n-slide.  It would have worked great if it wasn't for the horrid Cheyenne wind that totally torn it up before we could even use it...despite the 11 stakes I put in the tarp.
I guess there aren't too many slip-n-slide pictures since I mostly took video.  We also went to the state museum and rode a horse drawn carriage around downtown.  Which ended up taking FOREVER because we got stuck behind the trolley that refused to move for over 30 minutes.  Poor Autumn was so excited to ride the "horsee" but by the time we actually started moving it was her nap time and almost fell asleep on me.  Autumn and Evan went bowling with the gang while I went grocery shopping and they also tie-dyed a pretty rad t-shirt.

2 comments:

  1. The Wheatley's use vegetable oil on their slip and slide--apparently it works better than soap. I haven't tried it out but Rex had a good time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute. thanks for taking pictures! They had so much fun with you guys

    ReplyDelete