Autumn was in the habit of waking up very early. I decided to bribe reward Autumn out of that habit. I told Evan we didn't bribe her to potty train, but this was totally bribe worthy. He totally agreed. So Autumn and I took a trip to Target and I let her pick out a toy...really I asked her if she wanted the Ariel with the long dress or short dress. She chose long. Then she picked out a clock. She picked a pink one of course. Then I told her the rules. She couldn't come out of her room until 7:00. I drew "7:00" on a Post-it and put it by the clock. The next morning she got out of bed at 6:30 and pooped (you can't really tell a 2.5 year old to hold it for 30 minutes), but went back in her room until 7. So she got a sticker on her oh so fancy sticker chart (I ripped a page out of a calendar I don't use.) We missed a few days of getting stickers, but soon enough she got her Ariel.
Ariel sat on top of the fridge as a constant reminder. Autumn loved to tell all our visitors about her and explain her bunny stickers to them.
Too busy playing to look up. I'm excited to be greeted ever morning with, "Its steven! Its Steven!!" And she is excited to have her Ariel doll.
I love her nightgown! Seems like I remember someone else who had one just like it!
ReplyDeleteIs that your night gown from back in the day? And, good job on training Autumn not to get up until 7. Worth the bribe I think. I'm trying to think of a way to get Alice to sleep until 9 (since she refuses to nap) while still letting Rex get up at 7...
ReplyDeleteGenius! I should totally do that with Zoey.
ReplyDelete