It is a lot trickier taking care of two babies than you might think. Almost everyday when Evan comes home from work I say "new plan". And we try something different. I went back to breast feeding at night because bottle feeding and pumping was taking forever. That only lasted a few nights because the breast feeding depleted my milk supply! And now a week later they feed so much faster. I can feed, burp, and change both of them in the middle of the night in 45 minutes. Then I still have to pump so Evan has milk to feed them in the morning. (That is our newest "plan". I take the 2 am feeding and he does the 6 am feeding and gets Autumn breakfast and puts a movie on for her while he gets ready for work.)
I am not breast feeding them here, but they are on their special twin breast feeding pillow and Autumn is opening up her Halloween costume Grandma Pattie made.
Most of the pictures we have of the babies are them laying on the ground. I hardly ever put Autumn down. But with two babies I worry so much about keeping them on the same schedule that I don't want to snuggle one to sleep before the other is ready to nap. So they spend a lot of time on the floor "playing" with each other. You might think you get double the baby cuddles with two babies but it is quite the opposite. One thing I didn't expect with having twins is how hard it is to bond with each one. Not to mention I've had lots of helpers around so that is even less time I get to spend with each of my babies.
This is what my house looks like "cleaned up!" Where am I suppose to put two infant seats in my house? Also you can see my beloved seat in the back where I spend lots of hours pumping milk for the babies (and blogging). There is also a green crate on the fireplace which is our "command center". It has blankets/diapers/wipes/burp clothes and extra changes of clothes for the kiddos, so I don't have to venture too far!
AWWW! I had to take a picture with them in these outfits before they out grew them. I feel like they are growing a a quicker rate than Autumn did. They are outgrowing their newborn diapers, but we have a few boxes left so they'll have to tough it out a bit longer. Also both of them appear to still have blue eyes and they are both losing their hair and looking like old men, especially Maverick (he also is starting to get one of those "needs to go into" huge heads)
Autumn joined in but refused to wear pants...
Playing rocket ship with dad on one of his day's off of work. He used a vacation week to help with the kiddos. Not much of a vacation.
Evan is very proud of this superior burrito wrap. They have yet to "Houdini" out of his swaddles.
Evan feeding both babies and watching football. (that white thing is our "rabbit ears")
We convinced Evan's parents to help us with the kids so we could take Autumn to a pumpkin patch...But we couldn't convince Autumn to look at the camera for a picture.
Violet and me
corn maze
Maverick
We got lots of "awws" with this cure outfit (thanks Kenzie)
Autumn didn't want to be left out, but she didn't want to look at the camera either (I'm sensing a trend here). There were a few strangers who were standing near by that also tried to get her attention. Some lady also said, "that is so cute I want a picture too". Yup I have cute kids!
Autumn still doesn't know how to be gentle with her siblings. But she found a children's song book and has been singing them songs when they cry.
Corn launcher. Grandpa David got the closest to the target out of anyone I saw that day!
Oh what a difference a year makes!
2013
Man, it's crazy enough with just one baby I can't imagine 2! Let me just also say that Autumn is soooo pretty! She is really looking grown up. Also, I totally feel like I don't hold Vera much. If she's happy then usually she's laying on the floor or in her bouncy seat. I just interact with her that way. It seems she mostly gets held when she's fussy. I guess that's just how it goes when you have a preschooler to chase around too. :) sounds like you are doing a great job! Those twins sure are cute!!
ReplyDeleteYou look awesome, Amber! It gives me hope!
ReplyDeleteCan't wait to see you guys in your Halloween costumes!!! Also, the 2nd picture of the 3 kiddos in their matching shirts is ADORABLE!
ReplyDeleteAlso, I didn't feel bonded to Alice or Rex until they were like 6 months old, and they aren't twins and Rex was my first. Sometimes it takes a while.
ReplyDeleteThis is more proof that I have the cutest grandkids in the world. And it's awesome that Autumn is learning to smile for the camera (referring to the upper portion of pictures), she is just beautiful. I will bring a paper sack when I come to put over her head to keep the boys away.
ReplyDelete