Easter is quickly becoming one of my favorite holidays. I tried to really teach Autumn this year about our Savior and his atonement and resurrection. We watched videos on lds.org for a few different family nights leading up to Easter. We also did a 12 day Easter advent. I put numbers on plastic eggs and inside each one was a scripture and small token that represented the scripture. We put the token out on the table for the following day to remind us of what we read. One day Autumn said, "mom when I walk by there I don't want to think about Jesus." Too bad kiddo you just did! Easter morning came (early as usual). Autumn had to wait for Evan to get home from work, then she went and hunted down everyone's baskets.
Violet and Maverick checking out everyone's loot.
After conference we had an egg hunt for Autumn, Evan's brother (Cameron), and Cameron's girlfriend. It was the longest egg hunt ever. Evan and I hid the eggs so it would be fun for the teenagers, but instead it was slightly painful as they were not to thrilled at me insisting they join in our "fun".
Autumn eagerly helped them find their eggs though ;)
Twinners!
As a kid we use to go to my aunt Gail's house for Easter and she would make this super cool twisted bread thing.
After dinner Autumn was in heaven during a silly string fight.
And a random picture of Autumn's new favorite activity...hanging from the kitchen table.
Love the "loot picture" and Autumn wearing socks with her Ariel shoes. Miss you guys. Glad you made cameron participate! Is the bread thing sweet?
ReplyDeleteYour little kids need to quit growing up so fast! I love Autumn's hanging upside down. I don't suppose she gets there by herself?
ReplyDeleteMaybe it is time for a FOREVER table so this one doesn't fall on her as she hangs. Haha. Love all of them and love you!
ReplyDeleteSara