Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Residency Graduation

Evan finished is residency.  Driving to the Little America Hotel where it was held, Evan and I looked at each other and said, "it doesn't feel real".  That day Maverick and Autumn were not feeling well.  Maverick was so pathetically sick he just wanted to be held and would fall asleep if I stayed still for any length of time.  So I called a babysitter last minute for the babies.  Maverick ended up going to bed at 5 PM that night!  Autumn told me in the afternoon she was tired so I let her take a nap.  So when she fell asleep at the graduation I was really surprised.  Evan's parents ended up taking her home for us after the ceremony so she could sleep.
This year the residents voted for a real dinner for the residents and their families.  So we had steak and shrimp.  Autumn and I wondered around the hotel for a good portion of the dinner.  The ceremony went smoothly.  Evan presented the award for faulty member of the year and was in charge of thanking the families.  




I made violet get dressed even though she didn't go with us, because I wanted her to wear the same dress Autumn wore to Evan's medical school graduation.



Evan's family at dinner.
Our intern friend Dustin Durham
The interns
Evan's speech
Evan getting his certificates
Lyndzee and Becky my resident wife friends
The graduating interns with the program director, Dr. Malm.


3 comments:

  1. How bad do you have to be in order to get "faulty member of the year"? (My family seriously has to learn to spell...)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Finally!!! Now you're rich right? Also is that the dress you're wearing to Hannah's wedding because my dress is for sure not the same color as that.

    ReplyDelete