We only planned on trip this summer, a family reunion in Jackson Hole. When I found out the location of the reunion I looked up medical conferences for Evan. As luck would have it I found one. That meant Evan didn't have to take any vacation days and our travel expenses were paid for!
Before our trip I did the girls nails...first time I did Violet's nails....it went ok
And then Violet got a hanger stuck around her neck.
My sweet nephew Wade passed away in May. Since then his mom has taken a cut out "Wade" on a few adventures. So I asked her if it would be ok if we took "Wade" with us to Jackson Hole.
He helped Autumn and I pack.
I had to take a picture of my stellar packing job. I got two pack-n-plays, 1 rock-n-play, two large suit cases, one carry on suit case, two high chairs, one large double jogging stroller, a bucket of Barbies, bucket of Legos, sun umbrella, swim floaties, ect. all in the back of the van!
Wade ready to roll out!
Since I put the three big kids in the same row...there was a lot of "stop touching me" going on.
We stopped at a park to feed little Lark. She is giving her buddy Wade a hug.
Evan took Autumn to the top of the mountain on the Arial Tram.
Evan's uncle and aunt who live near by came and visited us for an afternoon.
While Evan was at his conference the kids threw all the swimming stuff (and more) off the balcony.
We drove from teton village to Yellow Stone National park. We had to drive through Teton National forest first...I get car sick and this is pretty much what the Tetons looked like to me (picture for Patrick)
The kids also enjoyed the "beautiful" drive through the tetons.
Evan and Wade enjoyed the views
There was a long line to get into the park so the three "big" kids and I hopped out to take a picture. Then some other people who were also waiting in line jumped out and took a group picture for us.
Autumn took a ton of pictures at one of the visitor centers.
Waiting for Old Faithful.
Gotta love our hats.
apparently Evan missed the "wear orange" memo.
We met my parents at the geyser. After the "show" we ate ice cream.
matchy-matchy
Wednesday evening the Robins reunion began. Autumn convinced just about everyone to play Dazzling Princess Game with her. Here she is with my grandparents and my mom.
Violet and aunt Sandi
We went to a pretty cool park one day and had lunch.
Then while the littles were napping, Autumn and Grandma played Barbies.
As a kid I idolized my cousin Scott. I would follow him around and he would play silly games with me...Now we have girls 9 days apart! He has a funny face, but I love that the girls are looking at each other.
More Barbies and Legos
Evan went white water rafting and my kids, my mom, and I went to downtown Jackson. We went to a rad toy store and had some ice cream.
Scared faces!! (We saw a real moose when we were coming back from Yellowstone. Evan saw a mom and baby moose two seperate days while he was walking to his conference)
We also did a lot of swimming. Maverick is doing much better in the water. Autumn is gaining more confidence (probably more than she should) in the water.
4 generations! (grandpa Sune was asleep)
We went to the resort one evening and rode the gondola up the mountain.
Headed home
To keep the twins quiet and happy I gave them a foot massage.
I know it gets confusing, but this was Robins reunion, not a Roberts reunion. And your kids are adorable.
ReplyDelete