This epic road trip was a year in the works. I planned to go to my nephew's baptism in North Carolina and my brother-in-laws master's school graduation. The dates of each ended up being kinda close together SO...the epic road trip was born. Oh yeah, and since the road trip ended up being 5 weeks long, I went with the kids by myself!
JUNE 4, 2017-All smiles on our way out of town! I stuck all the kids in the back on purpose so I couldn't reach them and they'd just have to deal with what they had. Autumn's catching skills did drastically improve.
Still winter in Nebraska...
Iowa...
Missouri (these stops for the signs were short but added the perfect breaks to change a diaper, or two, or three, and pick up all the toys that were dropped.) We also hit Kansas on the first day, but the sign was on a bridge (pretty much the story for the rest of the states signs on this trip)
The first two nights we stayed at the Great Wolf Lodge in Kansas City, KS. Not the smartest choice on my part...Really? A water park with 4 kids and one adult?? Not my best choice. The kids loved the pool. Maverick and Violet wanted to go on one of the water slides, but Lark was too little to go. I ended up asking a nice lady waiting in line to hold Lark while I took the twins down.
Playing in the lobby during "story time" which didn't even keep my attention so I can't blame Lark for being squirly.
Meeting some creepy character.
Violet is a terrible hotel sleeper. We put her to bed about 6:15 each night...The first night in the hotel I couldn't get her to calm down until after 11 PM I was exhausted. It wasn't like I could leave three kids in the hotel alone while I walked the halls with her...Which reminds me...In case you plan on an epic road trip by yourself make a plan to get all your stuff and 4 kids in the hotel in one trip. I just loaded up the double stroller with the stuff and Lark and made the other's walk all very slowly. Luckily Autumn figured out how to use the key card to help me. Very glad I'm a super awesome packer and made space for the gigantic double stroller.
Craft time-Coloring sheets...I was very underwhelmed with their activities outside the pool.
After two nights we headed east to Nashville. We drove a bit our of the way to see the Kansas City Temple...The kids were unimpressed.
Then Maverick and Autumn drew all over themselves in the car. I had planned on stopping at the St. Louis Arch but most of the kids were napping so we kept driving. After a very long day we stopped for the night in Nashville. Lark miraculously fell asleep in her pack n play in the smallest hotel room ever while the kids "ate" McDonalds (really just drinking the chocolate milk) on the beds.
Looks like Violet is not a fan of stopping and taking pictures along the way. At least Autumn seems to be having a great time.
ReplyDelete