August 29th was Autumn's first day of kindergarten. She goes full day and her teacher is Ms. House. Autumn was very excited to start school, not even a tad nervous. I expected her to come home from school the first day very tired, but I was wrong. She comes home from school most days demanding that I make up some sort of homework or project for her to complete. She has a hard time falling asleep at night now because she's been so hyped up all day. Autumn is definitely an extrovert. She does not like P.E, but really enjoys art and library "specials". She is also learning how to code in computer class, but I haven't heard much about that. The other kids don't seem to miss Autumn too much, but are glad when she is home.
I do not enjoy having to take her to school and pick her up everyday, but mostly the later. Maverick and Violet hate getting in the car at the end of the day and then I have to unload all of them since I physically have to pick her up. I'm not looking forward to when the weather gets cooler. I also hate not knowing what is going on during Autumn's day. She was told on the first day of school she wasn't allowed to eat part of her lunch since it was a "snack" even though I packed her snacks separately and I told her as much.
"Do I have to take a picture?"
OH, and nothing like a stack of papers mom has to fill out and a typo that makes mom look like an idiot.
I do hate all the lunch time rules: stop judging how I parent and feed my child and just let them eat their #&^%@&#* lunch. And you have to get out of the car to pick her up. No dice. That's the worst.
ReplyDelete