Tuesday, August 22, 2017

Elizatrick

Evan's brother got married! We traveled down to Estes Park, Colorado for the shin dig a couple days early to spend time with family.  We stayed in a three bedroom cabin at the YMCA of the Rockies, which may not have been the Ritz Carlton, but they made the dish clothes look like flowers.



The got their Saturday afternoon and after we checked in we explored a bit.  I took the older kids to the playground, craft center, and the museum.  
Patrick stayed with us that night and in the morning they made up a game of "TV".  They pretended the large picture window was a television and they pretended to "act" on TV and "watch" TV.
Later that day Evan and Autumn went on a hike, but Autumn ended up puking after the bus ride to the trail head.  So Evan and Autumn sat at the trial head for three hours for their ride to finish the hike and bring them back.  I stayed with Lark, Maverick, and Violet and we checked out the game room and took naps.
When all the hikers got back we did a huge kickball game.  The "Norby" team was getting creamed since we let all the little kids play until Evan's cousin showed up with their 4 teen age kids.  We tied up the score and then got rained out. It was a real nail biter.  Then the bride's family hosted a cook-out and s'mores.  I stayed behind so all the kids could get a good nights rest before the big day.  Autumn went to bed at 5 PM that night.  I read lots of Calvin Hobbes (since that is the only book I brought.  Well it was luckily randomly left in my car) and ate popcorn.  
Autumn woke up at 7 am which a bit of a sleep in for her.  She ate breakfast than went back to bed for another hour.
Linda and Meagan putting the finishing touches on the reception site.

I don't naturally appreciate the beauty of the earth, but I'm working on it. Patrick and Elizabeth (Elizatrick) got married in a meadow in Rocky Mountain National Park. It was beautiful!


 Maverick and uncle Patrick "Twinning"

We were really concerned that it was going to rain during the ceremony since it rained every afternoon we were.  Luckily it was overcast!  We didn't need sunscreen or an umbrella.
Evan's sister Meagan.
Evan's youngest brother Cameron and his girlfriend.
Evan's aunt and uncle
Shark loved all the flowers? Weed? Brush?

Evan's parents.  Evan's mom wore this same dress to Evan's residency graduation. Except she dyed it blue for the event.  Genius.
Since they got married in the national park we weren't allowed to bring in seating.  First time I sat on a blanket at a wedding.

Lark was easily entertained by my feet and shoes during the ceremony.
By this point Violet, Maverick, and Autumn were all not feeling well.
Sara and Cameron sang a beautiful song accompanied by Evan's dad as part of the ceremony.
At the end of the ceremony all the guests surrounded the couple for a celebration with bubbles.  Also a first at a wedding and I feel like everyone should do bubbles at a wedding this way.

 This pretty much sums up our weekend!  Weddings with kids is super hard and stressful.  Weddings are just not designed for children.  I can't imagine what it would have been like if all of them were feeling 100% all weekend.
The Norbys
Sara was so helpful during the reception with Violet.  They are good buddies.  (Violet ate a mint and looked like she lost a few teeth)
Now this one was a handful and all over the place during the reception.
Evan was master of ceremony for the reception and also gave a toast to the groom.

This was during the daddy daughter dance.
Mother- Son dance

Autumn fell asleep during dinner, but the music woke her up.  She "danced" for one song then went back to sleep.

I'm so thankful the venue had a couple of random couches so I didn't have to leave the reception early.
Now Violet on the other hand was a ball of energy all night.
Each table was named after a different national park the table runner (that apparently was moved-probably to keep out of my kids' reach) is from Peru, where Patrick and Elizabeth started their "love story".  I love when couples put their own personal stamp on their weddings. 
I finally found something that kept Lark busy during the reception (she also refused to sleep).

The next morning we quickly checked out of our cabin and headed home. 

2 comments:

  1. That turned out really nice. Too bad your kids were sick, you could've taken some really pretty family pictures.

    ReplyDelete