Wednesday, August 9, 2017

Chicago

I reminded Evan for the last 2 years that it was almost my 30th birthday and he better do something for me.  Well my nagging paid off because he asked his parents and sister to watch the kids for us and we went to Chicago for a long weekend.
We got it into Chicago late afternoon.  After jumping on the train and dropping our bags off at the hotel we took a train and a long walk to Navy Pier to see the fireworks.
The next morning we did a little Ferris Bueller reenactment.  This is one of the spots on the parade route where Ferris Bueller jumps on a float and sings, "Twist and Shout".




We walked over to the Board of Trade which is uneventful since all the trading is electronic now and there isn't anything remotely exciting to see.

We took a train uptown to the private residence that was used as the outside of the restaurant "Chez Quis" in the movie Ferris Bueller where the "Sausage King of Chicago" eats.

We watched a game in the iconic Wrigley Field.


The Cubs lost...By a lot. That night we went to a "Ninja Gym" in town.  I only took videos, but I think it was one of Evan's favorite things about the trip.

The parking garage where Ferris leaves Cameron's dad's Ferrari 250GT Spyder California.

  I was totally convinced that Ferris and his buddies could have accomplished all he did while his classmates where in school until we went to the Willis Tower, A.K.A Sears Tower.  We waiting in line for like 3 hours.  But we got our fill of lots of pictures out the glass window thing that doesn't seem scary till you walk out there.





"I think I see my dad"


That night we saw the play "Hamilton".  Evan and I both love the music from Hamilton.  We had the play so built up in our minds we both were secretly nervous we wouldn't like it.  It exceeded both our expectations.  It was truly entertaining and I didn't want it to end.


The third basemen from the Cubs Kris Bryant.  He and his wife didn't get up or turn around the entire time they definitely didn't want to be recognized.  Evan was just annoyed his view was obstructed.


Last stop on our way out of town..."Cloud Gate" A.K.A "the Bean"






No comments:

Post a Comment