I thought about adding Phoenix to my epic road trip...but decided to fly instead! We had a huge snow storm in Wyoming the night before we were suppose to fly out of Denver so we stayed in a hotel near the airport. We had an early flight and took the shuttle over to the airport...only problem was there was a group that missed their shuttle time (since it was early-they didn't want to miss their flight, SO that left no room for Evan) The kids and I were already loaded up. So I checked all our bags and four car seats by myself and four kids. Evan luckily caught up to us near the gate and we all made the flight.
I planned the trip so we could spend the weekend with Sara on the anniversary of her son's death.
For my 30th birthday a group of friends and I made activity bags for children and their siblings staying at Phoenix Children's Hospital (which is the hospital my nephew stayed at for a month before he passed).Sara, Charlie, Autumn and I put them all together once we arrived in Arizona.
Cousins playing
Cousins chillin while Evan and Sara go and have lunch with Klinton
After Klinton got out of school we drove downtown and dropped the activities off at the hospital.
On the left Sara leaves the hospital for the last time a year ago and on the right she uses the same type of wagon to bring a little cheer to others.
The rest of the weekend was spent by the pool while Evan was in class for a continual medical education course.Poor Charlie broke his leg a week before we got down there and couldn't swim.
Sara watched our kids so we could go to a movie for our 9th wedding anniversary. We went to some fancy theater Evan has wanted to go to for sometime now and saw Guardians of the Galaxy II.
More games
more pool time
The last day we went to a splash pad at one of the malls.
I found a million pictures of Autumn and Violet on the plane. Apparently I was a bit distracted.
NOW this lady INSISTED on sitting next to Evan to "help" him with the kids even though the flight wasn't full. What she really did was take up space where Lark could have sat and yakked the whole time so the kids couldn't fall asleep on the late flight. Now the lady who carried my bags out to the curb for me when again I had four kids, four car seats, and our bags by myself while Evan picked up the rental car, she was helpful.
No comments:
Post a Comment