Sunday, February 10, 2019

Halloween

We dressed as the Teen-aged Mutant Ninja Turtles for Halloween.  The three middle kids have really been into watching a new version of the cartoon, especially Maverick.  It was a harder sale for Violet to get on board with the family theme this year.  Once I told her I'd make her a tutu she was all in.  The kids really wanted Evan and I to dress like April and Casey Jones from the cartoon they watch, but I insisted we go the 80s version so my friends would know who I was.


Shredder!  This costume may be my favorite ever, especially with Olive's naturally spiky hair.






I was trying to get a picture of Lark and her best friend Dixie, but Dixie was having none of that! I love Lark's defeated face.  These two really are good buddies.  One night Lark refused to go to bed because she wanted to go to Dixie's house.  I finally got her to go to bed when I promised I send a message to her mom and ask for a play date.

I sent the defeated picture to my friend, we both laughed and she sent me this one back.  See I told you they were friends.
This year's costumes were some of my favorites.  I got the idea for the camera from my friend Kendra. I just wrapped a syrup bottle with black duct tape.

Lots of my friends do cutesty dinners on Halloween. They have hot dogs that look like mummys, etc.  We had toast and bagels for dinner.

I convinced my in-laws to join our family theme.  They dressed as the pizza delivery guys!  Luckily the weather wasn't too bad.  The kids lasted a long time and we enjoyed lots of candy for several weeks, until I finally made them get rid of it.  I was sick of having kids sneak candy instead of eating meals.
 The kids humored me and let me take a billion pictures and action shots of them as Ninja Turtles.















2 comments:

  1. Your kids are awesome and adorable. These are some great action shots.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The action shots rock! Cute cute kids!

    ReplyDelete