April 16, 2020: Last night as a three year old
Our first "Quarantine Birthday" I tried to make Lark feel special. We started out with "Charms" cereal, which is like "Lucky Charms" but only the marshmallows. Our family tradition is on your birthday you get to open up one present in the morning...and it's always a birthday outfit.
Lark in her new tutu dress. She really loves dresses, but she typically wears them with pants and a long sleeve shirt under. This is Lark in the spot she was born. She is pretending to cry. Cutest pretend cry ever.
Autumn had a really hard time with Lark having a birthday.
For snack time we decorated Trolls sugar cookies with sprinkles. I don't have an after picture, but they turned out so cute. We did a pick up at Chick-fil-A for lunch. I even let the kids get chocolate milk.
Lark helped me bake her chocolate cake.
Licking the bowl.
We had Lark's favorite for dinner cheese pizza.
Present time! We were going to give Lark Autumn's bike for her birthday but decided Autumn couldn't wait until her half birthday to get her new bike. Maverick gave Lark a Paw Patrol toy, Autumn gave her "Don't Break the Ice" game, Violet gave her a bathing suit. Dad got her "Zootopia".
The kids are really into the second Trolls movie that is about 6 different genres of music so I decorated the cake with the 6 different harp "stings" from the movie.
After dinner we had a dance party in the basement.
Lark's laugh is infectious, she rarely gets in trouble because she so dang cute and likable she's hard to punish, she is slightly obsessed with her best friend Dixie, she like to play with Olive, gets along well with others, hates to go to bed at night, loves playing with sand and Play Doh and discovering new things.
She is such a doll. I wish I could have been there
ReplyDeleteI gotta say... you rocked the isolation birthday bash! Lucky Lark!
ReplyDelete