Monday, April 27, 2020

March+Mom's birthday, beginning of Quarantine

March 1: Olive tries to keep up with the big kids. Here she is wearing Violet's shorts. Below we had dinner with Evan's dad.
Violet was given the "tough cookie" award at her dance class.  She started taking lessons in January and absolutely loved it.

Maverick with a Lego cration
I took the girls to get cookies while Maverick and Autumn were at their ninja class. This cookie was about the same size as Olive's face.
A warmish, yet windy day in the backyard.
It was the first real spring day predicted by my iPhone so my friend Nicole and I decided we'd take the kids down to our favorite park in Fort Collins.  Nicole's husband wanted to stay home and do yard work...little did we know there would be lots of time for yard work in the coming weeks.

Evan and I went on a date that night to a golf simulator.
Violet and I playing a card game.  The light was just perfect through my bedroom window NOT to take a picture.
My kids dress themselves
Maverick at the new ninja gym
The gym lost water one day so they had to close the child care.  While my friend Nicole and I were trying to figure out what to do before the trampoline park opened up Lark kept taking selfies with Nicole.
We tried out the new trampoline park in town.  All the little kids loved it.
Maverick in his "before" shot before he lost his first tooth.
Olive is really into puzzles right now, especially the animal ones.
Olive was rocking this doll head to bed and "shhh" ing her. I got a kick our of it.
March 12 after about a year after I got a designer over to make up built ins for us they were installed.  However the left cupboard top was made incorrectly and pieces were missing from the desk and as of today 4/25 they still look like this.  I thought it was funny that at one point all three of these men had their measuring tapes out at the same time.

Autumn checked a cookbook out of the school library and made me a pudding dessert for my birthday.
We had dinner over at David and Linda's while Klinton was visiting for spring break.
Mom's birthday: I worked out in the morning and opened presents with the kids.  Then Evan and I went to Denver to go shopping.  The outlets we went to were basically deserted.  We typically were the only two besides the workers in the store.  We ate at Evan's favorite "Freddy's" for dinner.  This was the last time anyone in our family has had this type of outing.




Klinton came over the next day and we played my new board game.
March 14 playing in the snow
March 15: We got notice school would be cancelled until after Spring Break (3 weeks total)
March 16: Our last Joy School.  Autumn and her friend helped the little girls with their activities.

V is for "Volcano"
Practicing some cursive as part of mom's school curriculum.
March 17: I asked Evan to get some milk and bananas from the store...there was hardly any produce at the store and no milk.
March 17 Maverick lost his first tooth and was the first one who got to use the tooth pillow mom made.

We enjoyed some Mo Willems art classes.  Lots of actors, authors, entertainers have come up with creative ways to stay engaged with their fans and offer free services during this time of social isolation.
3/18:Whenever its warm I send the kids outside. We also play lots of board games.  Especially "13 Dead End Drive", Uno, and Go Fish.

3/19: Olive is obsessed with my phone.  I can't even pull it out to check the time without her asking for "Baby Shark".
3/21: Olive asking for the phone again...and more board games

3/22: Mom made a handful of masks to donate to an assisted living center.
Sidewalk chalk designs has become all the rage. We've always been big fans of sidewalk chalk so luckily we already had chalk because it became scarse in the stores as everyone was buying it up along with the milk, produce, toilet paper, hand sanitizer and some other products.
3/23: I try to make the kids play outside as much as possible.
3/24: Mom got creative and took the kids to Terry Bison Ranch where we could look out the window at some animals without having to be in contact with any other humans.  We saw Turkey, chicken, peacocks, bison, emu, and alpaca.  The kids thought the turkey was the best and the funny noise they made.




Mom instituted  "stations" or centers.  I would set up 4 different activities for the kids to complete including 15 minutes on the computer, 15 minutes with mom, and two other activities such as paint, clay, Play Doh, sand etc.  We did this for about 2 weeks before the kids were tired of the activity.


Since the gyms are closed mom and dad have to work out at home.  Olive likes to mimic Dad.


I raced out to Hobby Lobby and Target one night in anticipation of more restrictions on stores being open. I bought gifts for Lark and Olive's birthdays and a bunch of craft stuff.  One of the things I bought was embroidery floss and put these wraps in the girls' hair.
Maverick lost a second tooth!!

1 comment:

  1. rocking the doll head to sleep - but creepy at all! Hahahaha

    ReplyDelete