Tuesday, July 28, 2020

Korey's Visit

One of my favorite things about summer is seeing my family.  I knew it would be challenging to make that possible this year so we invited my niece to come stay with us for a week.
We went to the Children's Village.




Instead of a craft they gave all the kids a small shovel and told them to have at it with a huge pile of dirt.

Hail storm
The kids spent a lot of time playing made up games in the back yard and Autumn using Korey's roller blades.
We decorated cookies with red, white and blue sprinklers.
Lark is a great friend to Olive.  Lark is clever and fun and has a great imagination.


She also stinks at going to bed at night.
I reserved some spots at the splash pad weeks before I knew Korey was visiting, so Olive played at Grandma's for a couple hours.
Again after much begging I finally let the girls do some face masks
Making signs for their secret club
The weather is unpredictable in Cheyenne. (Autumn looks really tall here because she was on Korey's roller blades)
I forced the kids to watch TV every afternoon, so I could take a breather.  Korey introduced us to "The Descendants" Movies.  The soundtracks have been playing non stop every since.
Had to do a quick book pick up at the library so I made the kids pose in front of the many boots.
Park! 
The kids loved that I let them all sleep together in the basement. Since the kids woke Korey up early every morning she was tired every night and promptly went to bed and luckily the other kids followed suit.
Our art project this week was soap carvings

checking another thing off our summer bucket lis (sno-cones)


No comments:

Post a Comment