Recap of what we purchased:
5 boxes of Kellogs Special K cereal
2 boxes of Kashi Go Lean
3 cans Campbells Tomato Soup
1 can Campbells Chicken Noodle soup
5 tubs of Huggies wipes
1 bottle of Huggies lotion
1 bottle of Huggies Shampoo
1 bottle of Huggies body wash
1 5pack of Bic highlighters
2 Men's Speed Stick deodorant
1 Arm& Hammer toothpaste
Grand total= 15 CENTS plus I got a coupon for $5.00 off my next purchase of $5.00 or more
Evan and I have come to love our little shopping "dates." As appreciation Evan even collected all the stray carts in the parking lot and put them in the cart return.
Recently we have kept a pretty accurate expense report sheet and as September draws to a near I am proud to announce to my posterity (and to the rest of you) that we have spent $61.86 on groceries ($163.14 UNDER budget), $11.16 on household items ($3.84 Under budget), $9.96 on personal hygiene products ($5.04 Under budget), $35.47 on gifts ($10.47 OVER budget; but considering it included 7 baby shower gifts, a Christmas gift for my nephew and a Christmas gift for my niece AND the wrappings to go with it, I'm ok with going over 11 dollars).
All in all I think we had a productive family night and reviewed the basics of budgeting and personal preparedness.
Do you get multiple subscriptions to the newspaper? No grocery stores by me honor double coupons :( I found a link to the Sears $10 coupon you used before and I'm excited to try scoring some freebies, too!
ReplyDeleteAmy: the sears one doesn't work anymore (too many people were using it) but it does work on line. and I don't even get the newspaper. I print my coupons from various websites. You may have a store double coupons and you just don't know it they don't heavily advertise it. Also if you have a Kmart, call the store and ask the manager if they'll double your coupons this week. Check out hip2save.com and click on her link to couponing 101
ReplyDeleteWow, Amber you really have the hang of this coupon thing! How many different websites do you use? So far I just use 1 website and on Sunday's I stop by grocery store on the way home from church, use my quarters that I've saved all week and get one of the major papers just to get the coupons out. Heads up the first Sunday of the month the Proctor & Gamble coupons come out; HUGE savings in this one.
ReplyDeleteTell Evan we said hi! Hope all is well with you guys
With love-Silcox
BTW Jeremy says to watch it! He'll come after you!
It's a good thing you added in the comment about the baby shower gifts because with all those wipes I was starting to wonder...
ReplyDeleteYOU WENT BACK!!!
ReplyDeleteHow come my comments never save on your blog? Hope this one proves me wrong. Anyway, I heard you had quite the coupon trip recently...I think you may have made some $ am I right? You will have to email me or call me about that one. That's AWESOME!
ReplyDeleteI am so impressed! I wanted to go to your coupon lecture today at super saturday, but my in-laws are in town. Do you have notes or a copy of the presentation? I would love to take a look at it if you don't mind.
ReplyDelete