Here is Evan on his last day of his OB/GYN rotation. Although he has no intentions of practicing this type of medicine he really enjoyed the rotation. He even broke Dr. Palen's students' record of most babies delivered in a four week period, SIX. On one of the last days Evan almost delivered a baby without supervision. The mom progressed very quickly and the Doctor almost didn't make it in time for the delivery. When the Nurses told the doctor that Evan almost delivered the baby on his own Dr Palen replied, "He could have done it, I trained him well."
Evan is now on his first Internal Medicine rotation and has one more left as well as 2 Family Medicine rotations...Then fourth year begins. I'm so proud of how hard he works and can't wait to see what the future holds for us.
P.S I've noticed some of my friends call their husbands "Dr. McDreamy" or "Dr. McSteamy" from Grey's Anatomy, but Evan and I have been watching the show Chuck...so I've nick named Evan Dr. Awesome;)
I can't believe you guys are almost in 4th year. I am so proud of both of you. My 2 closest friends both have dr.'s for husbands and like you guys were married right before it all started; I've heard the stories, it's not easy! Does he know what he wants to practice yet?
ReplyDeleteI knew exactly what you were talking about just from your title! HAHAHAHA! We just finished the first season. So funny!
ReplyDelete