Monday, January 9, 2012

Evan's big 30th Birthday

What?!? A post not dedicated to Autumn? Yes, there are other Norbys. However here is a picture to tide you over while I talk about Evan. She doesn't like to wear clothes, and that's why she is crying.Since Evan's last birthday I've been brainstorming things to do for his big 30th birthday. BUT then we had a baby two weeks before his birthday so we had to go low key. Alas there was still a theme...I'll let you figure it out.
Evan has made a goal (or perhaps it is more of a "bucket list" type of thing) to visit all the Best Buys in Arizona (except the Sierra Vista location). There are a few in the west valley we haven't visited yet. So after Evan was done babysitting our niece and nephews (I know on his birthday-what a great guy) I told him we were going on a secret adventure. We drove and drove and drove to Surprise, AZ and walked around Best Buy. I know how boring that may seem, but Evan sure was thrilled.
Then it was off to Peoria, AZ. Autumn and Grandma stayed in the car this time.
Then on our way back to the freeway I said, "we should probably stop for lunch." So we did. I had invited our beloved medical school friends to meet us there for lunch. Oh how we miss them.
Last stop Thunderbird PHX Best Buy. As you can tell it was a long day.
On to the party!!! Evan's sister and her family joined us for a little fun. We played the famous Norby family blindfold-straight pin in hand-pop the balloon game. And yes our tree is still up. Evan's mom kept their tree up when Evan was young so that she could put his birthday presents under the tree as well.
Evan prefers brownies over cake. So we had the traditional birthday brownies, but I also made him this cake so he could blow out the candles.
The Best Buy employees were not that impressed with my creativity...30 1$ gift cards for his 30th birthday.
He blew out all the candles on the first try. (look at my cool new drink canisters Evan got me for Christmas)a gift from Autumn ;)
another Best Buy gift CARd...cute right?
Autumn 2 weeks old...Dad 30 years old. Both wearing matching green outfits (yes Autumn was in a different outfit earlier-she likes to wear multiple outfits a day:)

4 comments:

  1. That top picture is perhaps the most pathetic expression I've ever seen on a human being.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday to Evan, but man, Autumn is ADORABLE. Congratulations on such a sweet baby girl! Wish I could have crawled in Pattie's suitcase so I could come and give her loves too! Hope you're having fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i am impressed with your creativity & i love the "birthday cake" idea! clever!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so creative!! I miss you! Happy Birthday Evan!

    ReplyDelete