Monday, May 14, 2012

My kid will never...

I think all of my blog friends have a post titled something like this, once they become a mom.  We all have this idea of how we want our kids to act/not act or how we'll act as a parent/not act as a parent.  I realize my kid will probably scream in Target and will probably have a runny nose, but there are somethings I'm not ready to budge on.  For example, I don't see any reason a 4.5 month old should be watching TV (you don't realized how many screens there are until you are trying to block a little ones view from them, like in the line at Walmart, the airport, the gas station, ect).  Despite my efforts She loves the TV.  I often find her like this.
Autumn also hates tummy time-or rather use to hate tummy time, until I compromised with her and allowed TV watching as long as she was on her tummy.  (yup already bargaining with my 4.5 month old!)


In other news Autumn and I recycled a huge stack of Evan's medical school notes while he was out hiking with his buddies.  I've been waiting 4 years to do that.  It was quite liberating.

5 comments:

  1. Ha! I used to get SO mad at Eric because he would sit Isla in front of the TV to get something done, and I would tell him he was ruining her brain development! My attitude did not last long. Now, whenever I need to get something done, I pop in her favorite movie "Elf", and I can do anything I need to. It's glorious!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is getting so big and cuter everyday!!! How is that possible? Every time I heard a child scream for no reason, even those happy screams I told myself "my child will NOT be a screamer"...yet...Jetta is the worst! I've tried everything!! Whatever, she'll grow out of it right??

    ReplyDelete
  3. What if Evan needs those notes?!? I can't believe you threw those away. And, because I'm perfect, Alice hates TV. Rex on the other hand...Alice hates TV.

    ReplyDelete
  4. She is the sweetest thing! Even if she does watch T.V. :) The funny thing is that my kids have learned more from T.V. than almost anything else. That means I'm either a really GOOD mom or a really BAD one. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE that the stack of papers was taller than Autumn! Did Evan get mad when he got home that they were all gone? Brian wants to scan a lot of his class notes and then get rid of them... but scanning is a pain.

    ReplyDelete