Friday, August 31, 2012

Toledo Zoo

Thanks to Autumn and my recent trip to the Toledo Zoo I have now been to 27 US states and Autumn has been to 15.  Evan was so jealous because he hasn't been to Ohio, but it is ok since he is still ahead by 2 states (for now).  Yes, we are a little competitive.  Autumn enjoyed the animals, but really liked hanging out with the "big kids" we went with.  From the fancy parking lot to the gift shops spread out sporadically throughout the park to the oh so friendly large staff, the zoo felt a little Disneyland-ish.  My med school wife friend Kristin (who lives near me) and I met up with another med school wife friend Nicole (who has passes to the zoo) and we had ourselves a fun day.

At the entrance

I think these tiger statues were Autumn's favorite thing to see at the park.
My AZ buddies, Kristin and Nicole
This is what it looks like to carry an 8 month old in a Baby Bjorn (Ok not really.  I move the camera down to Autumn's eye level.)

No I do not have bangs.  My post pregnancy fuzzies are just taking over!

After we had a picnic lunch the kids played in a play area (see what I mean by Disneyland-ish) where the kids could pan for rocks and built a dam like a beaver.
Don't worry Heather this is after the second application of sunscreen.  I think her hand will be ok.

Evan told me I could go splurge and spend the $14 to take Autumn to the Zoo if I would "take a bunch of pictures,"  Hence the dorky pictures of me/Autumn 2 headed monster.  

3 comments: