Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Work

Evan is working in the ICU this month.  He has worked 12+ hours 6 days a week, which means I work that much, plus the night shifts last week when Autumn was sick.  BUT it hasn't been that bad.  Evan likes the nurses he works with (I asked, they are married-expect for the x-ray tech who asked if Evan was married.  That is another story.)  He gets along with the attendings. This week since he is working nights he gets to drive my car to work, which can go over 45 miles per hour, unlike our other car. (Is that a run-on sentence Grammar Police?  I couldn't figure out where to put a period.)  This month would have been a lot worse if Evan complained, but he didn't.  He still helps put Autumn to bed and watches a show and eats frozen yogurt with me before bed (what a great guy huh!).  I'm glad he only has this schedule for 4 weeks.  I do not envy people that work this much all the time.  But we have almost survived!  Less than 4 shifts left!  I visited Evan last week for a bit while he ate dinner.  It happened to be employee appreciation day so we both got snow-cones and Evan gave me his free shirt.  I've really like the hospital and program thus far.  I think they treat him really well.
I took this picture (one of the times) I drove over to the hospital to give Evan his pager when he had forgotten it. 

This is one the St. Mary's website.  Pretty cool huh?  The guy next to him was a professional soccer player. (not for the US somewhere I can't remember)

I was going to make this post all about Evan but....


Autumn rocking her Vans. Below Autumn and Evan at the slash pad last month sometime.  She liked it.

Autumn doesn't like to sit IN her stroller she likes to ride on top like the Pope or Pharaoh.  We call her princess Nadalia.
This is why they are recalling the Bumbo seats.  Whatever I still use it.  I like it because it DOESN'T have straps SO THERE!

2 comments:

  1. Autumn looks a lot like Alice...but a bit thinner. Alice is still fairly round.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So I'm a blog stalker... :) Mark is on ICU this month too, first half of the month night shifts and 2nd half the day shift. Sounds like he has the same schedule as Evan. I can't wait until Sept. :) We thought of you guys yesterday when we drove through Farmington Hills (isn't that where you live?) on our way to the temple. We actually waved and said, "Hi Evan and Amber" :)

    ReplyDelete