For Evan's birthday I bought us tickets to see The Lion King play. We had a great time dressing up and going on a fancy date. The traffic wasn't bad and since I also bought us a parking pass, that was a breeze as well. However, the main event (the actual play) was lacking. Evan and I were both a bit bashful in admitting to each other our disappointments. After talking about the pros (the inventive costumes) and cons, we couldn't figure out why we were sitting there waiting for the play to be over. I was cheap and bought the tickets on the very last row. The very last row. So this could have played a part in the problem (although we sat on the last row when we saw Wicked, and we LOVED that). I concluded that I didn't like the acting, the singing was not great. Evan thinks he just didn't like the musical, which is also a great option. I love the film "The Lion King," but as a musical performance it just wasn't doing it for me. Oh, well we still had fun.
| Autumn took this for us before we dropped her off at the sitter. |
The Detroit Opera House was quite stunning, very intricate paintings, hand crafted thingys, and
chandeliers.
Cute dress.
ReplyDeleteAll caught up reading your blog. :) Love your dress by the way. (And you are itty-bitty! Maybe after my next baby I'll look like you! Here's hoping....ha!)
ReplyDeleteYou look beautiful Amber. Looks like a fun date.
ReplyDelete