Monday, February 18, 2013

The Fam Bam visits!

My parents came to visit. YAY!  Being far away from family is hard. End of story it just is.  I was so happy when they said they were coming to visit.  My dad opted to visit the Ford Museum instead of the largest Christmas store in the world.  Last time we visited I was too concerned about Autumn's nap schedule to really see anything.  So I'm really glad we went back since I got to appreciate some pretty historically significant artifacts (not including the Oscar Mayer Wiener Mobile).  Henry Ford was a real history buff and liked to collect "stuff" and so there all his "stuff" sits in a museum.

This is us last time we came to visit when Autumn was 9 months old.

In a vehicle for agriculture.
In an old car, not a Ford, but I can't remember the name of it now.
Evan is SO strong getting the light all the way to the top. 
Autumn and Grandma in the play area where there were some Legos.  

"Changing the oil" on a pretend car.
Evan and Autumn in front the same car Evan had growing up.
The chair Abraham Lincoln was sitting in when he was shot and killed.  (Leigh, doesn't this make you want to visit me?)
Sitting at the back of the bus Rosa Parks was famously arrested in for not giving up her seat to a white person.

2 comments:

  1. haha YES it does! That is really cool. Why does it get to be in the Ford Museum?? And the Rosa Parks bus is reallllly cool too! Ill come visit you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I gotta say... I am loving her shirt of shoes! I wish they had one in my size =(

    ReplyDelete