Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Autumn's Happy Half Birthday

Autumn is officially 2 1/2 years old!  We did the whole birthday she-bang yesterday.  The day started with making "animal" pancakes.  I attempted to make monkeys.
Then Autumn opened up her special birthday outfit...she is suppose to be waiting for her dad, but the anticipation was killing her.  She just kept poking the shirt out of the wrapping.
After story time at the library we shared cupcakes with our friends out on the library lawn.



After nap time Autumn got her hair trimmed.  This was the first time she was getting an non-mom hair cut.  I figure every fourth hair cut I can pay for.  I had told her that she was going to get it cut, but then when it was time she started crying.  So she sat on my lap while she got her hair cut...as seen in our mirror selfie.  Once I gave her a sucker she was totally fine.  And it took the girl about 5 minutes.
And then there was the cake....Autumn kept talking about wanting a pink cake and of course Ariel.  So I bought an Ariel Lego set, but I refused to make the whole cake pink.  Pink frosting is nasty.  So after a multitude of mishaps this is the crumbly mess I came up with.  (The pink is three mini cake rounds)  Autumn also wanted the cake on the fancy cake stand, so I had to cut out the 9X13 cake pan which fell apart, thus the leaning.  I also ran out of Chocolate frosting and tried to hide it by added "sand".
All Autumn cared about was the Ariel.  Also she wanted to eat the chocolate cake instead of the pink.
Evan's cousin and his family dropped by for a quick visit...
Then we had some yummy Pizza Hut pizza. and of course presents.
Autumn was so excited.  And is definetly at the "next present" stage.

Tennis racket
Dress ups from G&G Robins
And a bike!!!


This is Autumn pushing her imaginary friend, "Ariel" in the bike (who by the way had to be buckled in and have the helmet buckled too.)


Autumn and "girl" in their new matching jammies from G&G Norby.

2 comments:

  1. Fun! Autumn is getting to be so grown up. Amber- you look great, I can't believe you are carrying two babies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Autumn is beautiful! I love her favorite sleeping spots. What a cutie!

    ReplyDelete