Thursday, April 7, 2016

St. Patrick's Day

Autumn loves holidays!  We don't usually celebrate St. Patrick's day...But I was feeling especially motivated (which petered out pretty quickly...so much in fact we push Easter back a week because I couldn't get my act together.)
Any how Autumn and I made an awesome Leprechaun trap.  Which we both co-collaborated on.  We talked about it before bedtime for a couple of weeks.
We made a ladder on one side to climb up and put a hole at the top so he would fall into the box and get trapped...And a "Rapunzel" braid on the other side...I taught Autumn to braid.
We added shiny fabric to the top to attract the Leprechaun.
Then another day Autumn painted a t-shirt with shamrocks.  I thought I was so clever to stick the babes in the pack-n-play while Autumn and I work on projects.  However they are not too fond of being confined.  
Then this happens...Both of them love to wrestle...they laugh and think it is so funny.



All the kids love to prance around in princess shoes.  Violet also loves coats and accessories...and sweeping.

On St. Patrick's day the girl leprachaun escaped our trap, but left Autumn chocolate gold coins...which she ate for breakfast.  The Leprechaun also dyed our milk green and made funny faces on the bathroom mirror.  Autumn was not impressed with the tricks and cleaned the bathroom mirror before I could get a picture.
We made Cocoa Pebbles treats for the ladies I visit teach.
Again Violet being Violet
Autumn loves to sign her name at the grocery store.
One day we had a picnic in the back of the van since it was cold and windy.
AND then another day it was warm so we had snacks outside and played in the backyard after nap time.



3 comments:

  1. Very cute leprachaun trap. I thought about making one with Alice but it just didn't happen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whatever happened to 7-up and lime sherbet floats?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I made them for our Relief Society activity that night.

      Delete