As soon as I found out that my nephew was being taken off of life support I really wanted to plant a tree in his honor. I wanted a remembrance close to our home. He is buried in Arizona...and three hours from where my sister-in-law lives. While Sara was visiting for Cameron's graduation we went shopping for a tree. We picked out a Snow Drift Crab tree.
Everyone helped out a bit planting the tree.
Violet liked the earthworms...so much she ate one...well part of one.
We also made a garden stone for Wade-O
We all put our thumb prints in...We even woke the twins up from bed so they could participate.
"Hug a tree"
In the words of Sara, "thanks for the tree, but I wish I still had Wade" I agree. But I think of him every time I pull in or out of my driveway. And if we ever move away I can still drive by the house and remember my sweet nephew Wade.
No comments:
Post a Comment