Friday, July 21, 2017

Girls Camp:Girl on Fire

I got called to plan our ward's girls camp this year.  It was a lot of work and I stressed way too much over it. We went to a family in our ward's cabin about 90 miles north of Cheyenne.  The owner of the house took us out on his boat one day, we hiked, did skits, a hunger games/skills relay, faith walk, early morning testimony meeting and lots of camp fires.  The theme was "Girl on Fire" based on the Hunger Games books.
I had a lot of help with these jars, but was very proud of how they turned out for our faith walk on the first night.


I made mini parachutes for the girls' welcome gift with their sweatshirt and PJ pant they made during mutual.
I made signs for all the different rooms.  The leaders were the "capital" and each level of girls were assigned a district.
I got up to camp early to unpack all the food and set things up.  When the girls arrived they tried to enter through the back door, but I made all of them walk around to the front so they could see the cute sign I made.
Evening fire
The leaders before our skit-we were the "capitol"
indoor rock climbing
Certification relay...Above the YW president is "reaping" the girls into their teams.


No comments:

Post a Comment