While I was in Utah I got a call from the Boys and Girls Club asking if I was interested in a job. I said "sure" (not really I didn't say it like that). I thought it couldn't hurt to interview-then they offered me the job the next day. The picture on the left is what I looked like when I interviewed and the picture on the right is me in my awesome polo for work my second week. The kids have started to ask me if I'm pregnant, but the staff are still too polite to ask. So I haven't told my boss that I'm 6 months pregnant-mostly because I think it's pretty obvious, also I've read in pregnancy books you should tell your employer you are pregnant at 18-20 weeks pregnant...so um I missed that window of opportunity.
On Labor Day Evan and I hit up a couple Targets looking for a crib that was on sale (which was not displayed at either Target) AND to cash in some high value diaper and wipe coupons I had while Target was having a sale. Now we have a small stash started (also the same week Amazon had a great deal so I ordered some size 1 diapers from AmazonMom and they came the next day!)
Speaking Speaking of credit card points Evan so graciously traded in our points for a Babies R Us gift card so a few weeks ago we brought this beauty home a few weeks ago without paying a dime 
Evan has been really great throughout the pregnancy, not only has he sacrificed his Best Buy gift cards for Babies R Us gift cards, but he has been a lot more protective of me which I find endearing. The other night he says he is getting in the shower then grabs a frying pan from the kitchen. When I asked what he was doing he said that I had left the front door ajar so he was making sure no "bad guys" got in the house before he got in the shower and left me alone to fend for myself. When he was done checking for "bad guys" with his frying pan in hand he yelled "all clear" (phew no "bad guys"). There has been more incidences where he has shown how caring he is but the frying pan made me laugh out loud so I thought you'd enjoy that.
So cute. I love your baby bump. Tall people always look so good pregnant. I'm jealous. You are already getting stocked up. That's awesome! I love the new stroller and car seat. Congrats again.
ReplyDeleteCUTE! love the stories & love the baby bump pics! i like how you decided you missed the window of opportunity to tell your boss you're preggo :) lol morgan & i were laughing at the frying pan story and we are jealous of your diaper stash!
ReplyDeletehaha you're fat. But so cute. Good job on the Chicco by the way. I put mine in my car a bit ago because I was sick of the huge box hanging around...easiest car seat to install EVER.
ReplyDeleteYou got some great deals! I wish we had started stocking up on diapers before. By the way, LOVE the job story. Love that you haven't told them you are pregnant yet. And love that they haven't said anything to you out of politeness! Hilarious!
ReplyDelete