My favorite day was Saturday. I'm not sure why it was my favorite. Maybe it was the fact that we didn't park in Greg's secret cool spot, or that we got to wear super cool ponchos, or that we didn't have to deal with the MILLIONS of 8th graders, but it was my favorite day. We walked all the memorials/monuments and ended up at the White House.
I thought this was sweet so I took a picture for Grandma Norby.
Washington Monument. There was an earth quake a couple years ago and they are just now fixing it, hence the scaffolding. Also the trail we are standing on was in the most recent season finale of The Amazing Race. (love me some reality game shows)
Jefferson Monument
Some school aged children playing music in front of the Jefferson Monument.
My favorite monument/memorial...FDR. It was like an outdoor museum mixed with a park with great photo opportunities.
My dad with a bunch of tweens.
lunch by the DC war memorial.
Ok I guess those ponchos weren't so cute, but at least they were functional.
Korean War memorial
Coolest thing about this memorial was that there were a bunch of Korean War Veterans there touring the memorial. Got me a little teary. (You can see a few of their reflections in the stone.)
Lincoln Monument. Only group shot we got.
Standing at the Lincoln Monument looking at the Washington Monument and Capitol building.
Vietnam Memorial
Autumn napping hailing from her place of birth.
Wear Evan was born...
Where I was born.
didn't know my feet were going to be in this picture..
White House!
Michelle Obama's mini van.












haha that stroller picture totally looks like Autumn is photo bombing it!
ReplyDelete