Thursday, May 30, 2013

TWINNERS

On the first day of our trip I mentioned to my mom that I liked that girl's shirt.  So of course she went and bought me and my sister MATCHING ones.  I jokingly mentioned to my sister we should wear them together the next day.  When I woke up the next morning she was ready to go in her matching shirt.  I insisted I had been joking.  She insisted that she already got dressed and I must put on my shirt too.  So we were not only dorky tourists, but we were dorky tourists wearing matching outfits.  Heather got lots of compliments from 8th graders on what a cool shirt she had.  (Hey Heather, we should both wear them at the reunions this summer!)




The little girls were also twinners.  My mom bought them matching outfits.
After naps we drove into the city. Parked in a super secret cheap parking spot Greg found.  If you want to walk for over an hour to get to the Capitol it is perfect.  We checked out the Supreme Court first.  It is  under construction, but they put up this big drape thing over it to make it look like the actual building.  It reminded me of Despicable Me.
Then we walked by the capitol on our way to the American History Smithsonian.
Hanging out while everyone else took a tour of the Supreme Court.
Hanging out at the American History Smithsonian.  I was too tired to really look at anything.  We just found a place to sit and the kids climbed all over everything.  Autumn also rode the escalators with Evan for 15 minutes.

Even bigger tourists.  And now this was not a planned shot.  I was sick of the boys using their phones for directions, since they were only giving driving directions.  
Sea food place.  Greg picked it.  I ordered steak.
Autumn just chillin' taking a break from dragging the chairs around all over the patio during dinner.
Best shot I have of all three of the kids...and Evan

She hasn't mastered the "duck face" yet, but she is pretty good at "selfie" shots!

1 comment:

  1. these are great shots! So glad you had a wonderful
    and safe time. Love you!

    ReplyDelete