Friday, August 16, 2013

Robert's Reunion

Like I said last post I didn't take pictures of the Robins' Reunion, because my camera battery died.  I've been going to those reunions as long as I can remember.  They have morphed over the years as the family continues to grow.  I am proud to say I know most of my 2nd cousins and 1st cousins-once removed, at least by sight if not by name.  I think it is important to know who you are and where you've come from.  That is why I love my family reunions.

The Robert's reunion was held in Mount Pleasant, Utah.  It was perfect, except the scary mountain we had to drive up to get to our destination.  The house we stayed in was by far the fanciest and accommodated our huge family perfectly.  The following pictures are out of order, but we'll work with it.  Each evening on of the "siblings" is in charge of an activity.  My favorite is the "Family Olympics".  The Robins use to be quite the contenders until we all of a sudden had toddlers on our team.  Other activities included "Jeopardy", "So, You think you can dance: Roberts Edition season 3", and "Family Bingo".
 The Tom Robert's team.  Only team sans toddlers and they pretty much dominated.
 See what I mean by not dominating because we have toddlers.
 But at least he had fun.
 The moms unrolling streamers.  It was like they had there own choreographed dance as they pranced around the grass.
 The competition
 I asked them to show me their best "game" faces...not what I had in mind.



 Grandma and Tom and the Cheetos toss
 Greg very serious with his "Chubby Bunny"
 Mackenzie NOT so serious with her Chubby bunny.  But look how cute the Reunion shirts turned out this year.  The "Roberts" is made up of the names of all the family members.
 This is one of my favorite pictures from the reunion.  You know it's a big deal when you bring a girlfriend to the family reunion.  I'm so glad Simon has young nieces and nephews that kept them company!
 Autumn and Alice got bored of competing in the Family Olympics.
 We did a lot of just hanging around the house this year, since there wasn't anything worth driving to, near the house.  Although some people did venture out to a candy shop one day, and Down East Basics, and the boys went "shootin'" one day too.
 Four generations
 We also do a lot of cooking and eating at reunions.
 Family pictures is always a lot of fun.  I thought it was virtually painless this year since only one person ended up in tears.
 My little family.  Hopefully in two years Evan will be able to join us again.
 Dustin stealing my spotlight.
 This is after the group shot and Dustin and Noah were whining about talking more pictures.
 The kiddos did crafts one day.
 Four generations plus Rex

 My mom bought the grand kids coordinating outfits.  The girls decided to take naps at different times...all day long.  It was quite difficult to get a group picture at the end of the day...
 see what I mean

 Cousin baths are the best...especially if the tub is super huge and the tub fills up from the ceiling.
Korey has so much personality.  LOVE HER!

3 comments:

  1. I'd like to note that in the family picture the children are better behaved than the adults. Also Rex is quite the photo bomber...one of his talents I guess. Lastly, well-place hand Korey, well-placed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There aren't words for the picture of me, let's just say its a good thing I'm not single. Thanks for recognizing me as part of the family ;) Oh and just because I didn't win, doesn't mean I wasn't completely serious-hahaha. Love you Amber. I hope Autumn is feeling better, I was surprised you didn't document all the times you had to clean up after your sick baby girl.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amber--great pics!! It is nice to get a better idea of how things were at the reunion (I hope you don't mind me borrowing a couple of these great pics for me blog...).

    ReplyDelete