Friday, August 16, 2013

The Summer of Reunions

I knew that this summer was the summer for family reunions.  My mom's parents host a reunion and my father's grand parents host a reunion every other summer...in the same summer, so this was the year.  I told my in-laws I'd be in Utah and that we should meet up while I was there.  This was before I knew we'd be living in the same town as them, but arrangements had already been made for some of the Norbys to meet at "Heber House".  I also asked one of Evan's Aunts if we could get the extended Norby Family in Salt Lake together for a picnic or something.  Little did I know that some of Evan's cousins from Idaho, California and New Mexico would come to this "little" get-together.  I got to meet some of Evan's family I had never meet before and fun was had by all, even if we did have to wait over an hour to eat since the "bun bringer" was stuck in traffic.
Some of the activities included:
Bocce Ball at Heber House


Hanging out with cousins
Visiting with Great-Grandpa Norby...
and other family members at Evan's aunt and uncles' house.




Group shot of the Norbys that made it to the reunion.  Originally we thought Evan could come for a couple days, but alas the life of a medical resident kept him at home.

Evan's dad, his two sisters, his dad and one of his brothers.
Autumn playing with her cousin Kallie.
Kallie and I did a photo shoot one day...It didn't last long, but she sure is a beautiful young lady.  Kallie was the flower girl at my wedding and will always have a special place in my heart.
We had (award-winning) shakes at the Dairy Keen in Heber.
"Played" tennis on Great-Grandma's tennis court



Autumn "helped" Charlie with a variety of activities.

Great-Grandma, Autumn and Me.
We also went to the lake one day and to the Provo Recreation center, but I don't like to bring my camera around water.  So no pictures those days.  The next day we went up to the Robins Reunion where I didn't take pictures because my camera battery died. Boo.

2 comments:

  1. Is Evan jealous of the iPoo'd shirt?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brian: Then funny thing is that our mom found that for him. I was blown away since she wasn't too thrilled with Evan's shirt! Good eyes!

    ReplyDelete