Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Evolution of a black eye

As I was preparing for our recent road trip to Utah  I put Autumn in the car to play while I ran up stairs to grab some more stuff...then I heard crying.  My poor baby cried for almost 30 minutes.  I couldn't figure out why she was crying so much.  She had a some superficial scratches, yes, but 30 minutes?  She rarely cries when she gets hurt.  Any how I took a couple pictures to show Evan since he wasn't coming on the road trip...it just kept getting worse...
After she finally stopped crying


A couple hours later...turning purple
still later...more purple
Next morning (Sunday)

Her black berry lips matched her eye!
Monday after playing in Deer Lake and the black eye spreading underneath her eye.
Playing with cousin Kallie at the Heber house
Tuesday...She can open her eye again.  This is after a full day of playing at the new Provo rec center.  We ate dinner (rather had shakes) at Dairy Keen.  I overheard a guy taking to his wife about Autumn's eye, "did you see that little girl?"  So I went up to them (so they would know I heard them talking about her) and so they could get a closer look.  I think they were a bit embarrassed.
Wednesday...the black eye spreading to underneath her eye.  Autumn loves to carry things in her hands while she walks around, but it makes me nervous she'll fall.  (Autumn? Fall?  Really?)  So I came up with this baby carrier.
Her scrapes are going away...Coloring with Kallie
 Thursday...The color started to fade, but we still got lots of "what happened to her eye" at the Robins reunion.  This is Autumn and some type of cousin (my 2nd cousin's kid...which makes them 3rd cousins according to Wikipedia).  They enjoyed playing with my cosmetic bag while the adults were talking.

Saturday.  Eye turning grey.  Autumn and her cousins really enjoyed this fancy bath tub that filled up from the ceiling.
 Sunday-over a week after her fall- Autumn starts to look sickly.
Playing in the bath with her cousin Alice
Autumn was obsessed with Korey...Korey NOT so obsessed with Autumn.
Sunday still looking sick, with Noah the only person besides me Autumn would let hold her.
Monday.  We got these bandannas at the Robins reunion, but Autumn really liked it so she wore it around.  I think she looks like a hood rat with that black eye and bandanna.
Tuesday...eye is getting better even though Autumn threw up 5 times this day, including in her car seat. Gross.
 Again toddlers playing with my cosmetic bag...I need to start filling those things with cheaper lotion....

Wednesday.  Not the best picture, but you get the idea...eye still brown.
Thursday...still looks sick.  While we waited for uncle Noah we checked out the newish pool at the University Villa.  (Evan and I both lived in The University Villa apartments when we met)
Thursday night. All better!  At Church on Sunday we still got a couple, "nice shiner" comments.  I chuckled and thought you don't know the half of it!

4 comments:

  1. Even with the shiner she looks adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sad! :( Glad it's all better and she's ok!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That last picture is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  4. poor autumn! so sorry about her eye. carly loves to play in the car too. jealous you were able to revisit university villa - how fun!!!

    ReplyDelete