This summer was really short. Besides going to Yellowstone for a week we pretty much stayed home. We din't go to the library much and it was too cold for the water slide. We did play in the back yard a bunch though. Her are so random pictures of things that made me happy this summer.
Autumn's friend gave her a Target gift card for her 1/2 birthday and she picked out this leotard, which she wears just about every day. One of my fellow twin moms gave me these matching jammies...which makes me so happy since they don't have very many matching outfits anymore.
Autumn finally earned enough fake money to go on a date with dad. They went roller skating and had a blast.
We let the kids eat popcorn for dinner and watch the BYU vs. Utah football game.And of course Autumn had to have a wardrobe change.
My favorite jammies again!
Autumn asked to make "Apple Soup" one day. It was late so I told her she'd have to wait. The next day I let her have at it...and I deserve some extra mom points for this one! She started with apples, oil, milk, egg. Once she realized I was letting her have free range she added a variety of other ingredients as well. Then it was beat with the beaters, heated on the stove, then blended in the blender, and baked in the oven. It was a very complicated recipe!It was actually pretty fun. Everyone was enjoying themselves.
Autumn even decorated it with frosting after it was done baking. I didn't have the pleasure of trying it, but Evan's parents had stopped by so they got to try it (they also deserve some extra grandparent points for eating her concoction!)
We had a blast one morning trying on costumes and wigs!
Maverick didn't want to play with us. During the day it is really hard to remember to slow down and appreciate my children, but when I do remember it makes my heart real happy.












1. Autumn looks like a less Asian version of you. 2. Double mom points for the apple soup. I'm trying not to worry about messes so much but I'm failing.
ReplyDelete1) What is Evan if you have to pay money to go on a date with him?
ReplyDelete2) No fair on the extra grandparent points. I wasn't even there and I totally would have eaten it if I was there.
3) The Princess Leia haircut has the added bonus of keeping you ears warm in the winter.