Eons ago in my early twenties before I had any children I read a random blog post about a lady who did 30 random acts of kindness for her 30th birthday. Since then I had a goal to do the same thing...but four kids later getting the kids in and out of the car all day sounded more like a nightmare than a birthday. SO I invited some friends over and with their generous contributions and time we put together 30 activity bags for children at the Phoenix Children's hospital.
Pre-birthday set up
We used this felt as erasers for dry erase boards...That top fabric was left overs from a pair of PJ pants I made my nephew who was actually a patient for over a month at PHX Children's hospital.
Sorting Lego
Lark being contained from the madness
My friend's Lyndzee and Holly laminated for over two hours!
We also had a jeans station were old pairs of jeans will be turned into shoes for kids in Uganda, which is part of the Sole Hope project.
That evening we went over to Evan's parent's place for a party. Evan was the birthday game show host.
Helping dad (Violet LOVES PJs she gets in her PJs as soon as we get home from playing with friends in the afternoons.)
Evan planned a "night on the town" for the two of us so all the gifts were themed culminating with a night on the town in Chicago to see the play Hamiltion!
A Norby favorite game
"One more time"
Hmmm...growing a child out of my mid section?
Evan bought the decorations and decorated himself!
Way to go Evan! I am glad you had a wonderful birthday Amber! I was blessed 30 years ago to have you join our family. Words can not explain the joy you have brought to me. Love you!
ReplyDeleteViolet is a girl after my own heart! Pj's are the absolute best!
ReplyDeleteBirthday brownies?? Mmmmm
I recognized the wade PJ fabric right away. What a wonderful tribute!
I love your service project idea! Happy birthday, Amber!
ReplyDeleteIs this the first year Evan remembered your birthday?
ReplyDelete