Sunday, February 2, 2020

Disneyland

Instead of a birthday present from mom and dad this year we took the kids to Disneyland (which is way more expensive than a toy from Target, but its how I justified going to Disneyland twice in one year.)  Lucky for us my grandma lives near the parks and always lets us stay with her.
We arrived in southern California on Black Friday. My cousin Laurie was also visiting. The flight was unremarkable.  It is getting easier to fly as the kids get older and are entertained by the glowing rectangles. 
This was the first visit to grandma Deon's where I marked their heights on the very crowded height board.  My fingers are pointing to where I marked Autumn and where I was marked when I was about Autumn's age.
We walked down to the park several times.  I remember that walk being SO long when I was a kid, now it is my kids who think the block and a quarter walk is miserably long.


The kids found chalk in the backyard and painted themselves.

Monday finally came and we woke up early to be some of the first ones in the park.
It was all decked out for Christmas.  It was even slightly chilly.

My super talented cousin made these for me!
"On Disney Days we wear Ears"
Waiting for "rope drop" so we can race to Peter Pan's Flight and not wait 45 minutes in line.  Our timing worked great.

 No one wanted to take a picture with me.
OH, wait they changed their minds. 
I don't think my dad ever let me ride the Story Book Canal as a kid (long line low thrill).  I think its cool though and make Evan go on it with me.
Violet and Lark's favorite...Dumbo

 Violet got lucky and got to walk around Fantasy Land with Captain Hook while we waited for Maverick, Autumn and Dad on Matterhorn.




 Autumn was brave enough this time to ride Matterhorn, but decided she doesn't want to ride it again.




 Olive LOVED "It's a Small World".  The dark rides made Olive nervous and she would cling to me, but once she got settled in she was fine.

The kids were super excited to meet Jack Skelton and Sally from "The Nightmare Before Christmas"

I didn't want to wait in line for Santa Claus but there wasn't a line for the Mrs.




There are not very many benches or places to sit down at Disneyland.  We found these benches hidden at the exit of the Winnie the Pooh.
 And then she ate it and fell right off the bench.

Autumn was so stocked to drive the Autotopia car.

Again only Autumn would take a picture with me.  Also the first time I think I've seen a Disney parade from start to finish.
Dad level: Expert
Maverick thought the new Star Wars land was neat

I took the kids to Toon Town while Evan rode the new Star Wars ride.


DAY 2: California Adventure
Lark got to walk around with Donald while we waited for the big kids to ride a ride.

We spent most of the day waiting around to met the characters.
Bo Peep happened to walk by us and Lark was so giddy.
Evan really enjoyed watching the roller coaster go by over and over.
Violet was super excited to ride the new carousal and was especially excited to ride on the backwards skunk

One of the most anticipated characters Captain Marvel.  She was fun and spent lots of time talking to the kids while she sign all 4 autograph books.


Poor Lark, we wouldn't let her wait in line for any of the main characters because the older kids got all their autographs last trip.
Probably my favorite part of the trip, riding Guardians of the Galaxy with Maverick and Autumn. Maverick's body literally lifted off the seat when we did the free falls.
Break day at Grandma's.  It rained all day long.
Maverick and Violet spent the day playing with their new suveniors.  Violet and I spent a significant amount of time the previous day looking for the correct gift shop that sold the Jessie doll.

I took Olive, Lark, and Autumn on a walk.  We attempted to float aluminum foil boats down the gutter river.




Day 3: back to Disneyland



Candy Cane Beingets...One of the longest lines we waited in...The railroad (also never road that rail road as a kid, probably because my dad didn't want to wait in line for it.)





Another highly awaited character

I really wanted a picture in front of the castle...I shouldn't have waited for the last day.


We had ridden all the rides we wanted to and the little kids were whiny so we decided to leave the park early before we'd hit the commuter traffic.





Saying goodbye to great grandma Deon.



















Once again taking a picture almost by myself because the other kids wouldn't take a picture with me.









No comments:

Post a Comment