Thursday, May 27, 2010

Sewing lessons

Last Sunday Evan had "ACLS" training (still not quite sure what that means, it was just something he had to do before he starts his clinical rotations). This left me home by myself for most of the afternoon so I got out the sewing machine and started sewing a quilt top for Humanitarian Aide. When Evan got home I asked him if he wanted to learn how to sew so he could help me. Needless to say he was reluctant at first, but once he started he didn't want to stop. He has steady hands, perfect for surgery or sewing. He picked it up very quickly and did a great job. We finished it up in no time with me pinning the pieces together and Evan sewing.My Grandma would be so proud!
The final masterpiece!

9 comments:

  1. How cute! And the quilt top is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to put that sewing machine to good use. Now that I think of it, I could use some sewing lessons as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job! I love the patterns and colors. Steve enjoys sewing as well, just don't tell him I posted that on here :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Evan this is MOrgan under chelseys alias. I can just picture you sewing all day long. Total focus on the task at hand. JUst like when you voted for cosmo 10,000 times under a system you developed to circumvent the 1 vote per person rule. And you probably sowed all day long in your shorts t shirt and one sock with a gigantic hole in it! OF course that was not even the thing being sewn!

    ReplyDelete
  5. If I ever need stitches I am coming to Evan.

    ReplyDelete
  6. ACLS=Advanced Cardiac Life Support. Great quilt!

    ReplyDelete