Wednesday, January 12, 2011

EVAN'S 29th BIRTHDAY!!

I Love Evan's birthday. I love it more than my own birthday. I love that he gets so excited over the littlest things. I love that he is so easy to please. I love being able to serve him and give him a special day.
I woke up early and made Evan breakfast burritos. I would say this is his favorite breakfast ... but I've only made it for dinner! Then I told him I'd meet him for lunch and asked him what he wanted. He replied, "the tuna you made for my lunch yesterday was good." See what I mean he is so easy to please. So I brought him tuna, but I thought that was boring so I also bought him a Chipotle burrito.
Here is the birthday boy at lunch. This is outside the OB/GYN office Evan is rotating at this month in a little courtyard. Before lunch Evan got to see a C-section of a little boy being born. Evan said he doesn't think he'd get sick of watching babies being born. He has really liked this rotation so far.
After work at Black Angus. Thanks to my favorite website, hip2save.com, I signed Evan up for about half a dozen restaurant "birthday clubs." So we had a buy one get one free dinners. Evan ordered the special with steak, lobster tail, and shrimp. Our total ended up being 17.45 before we left a tip!!! I think we'll be going there for my birthday as well. It was way tasty, service was great, and....
They gave Evan a free dessert. Like a real dessert!
I asked Evan what he wanted to do after dinner, maybe see a movie or rent a movie? He said, "How about going to Best Buy and playing Madden!?" See what I mean about being easy to please? So he played Madden, while I watched and played the new Xbox Kinect (SO FUN).
Then we went home and he opened his presents. I made him a quilt with his BYU T-shirts. It's only the top part...but I'll eventually finish it!


Blowing out the candles on his birthday brownies. (and see Chelsey and Morgan...those are shorts not a skirt/kilt)

3 comments:

  1. ha ha fine it looks like a regular pair of shorts...just this once :D morgan was laughing as i read this to him. especially the best buy part! love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Evan is so old. 2. Evan should not do OB/GYN. I would be obligated to hate him. 3. The quilt looks really good. 4. Happy birthday to Evan.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great birthday for Evan! I'm impressed with your mad sewing skills! And I may have to look up that birthday club for Black Angus, too ;)

    ReplyDelete