Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Gila Valley Temple 1.15.11

Evan and I took a day trip to the Gila Valley Temple. It is just about the same distance to the Mesa temple as it is to the Gila Valley Temple so why not add another to the list of Temples I've visited. As a kid if we were on a road trip we would make it a point to visit the temple in the area. So I have seen the outside of many temples...and the number of inside visits are growing too.
Evan is in front of the doors, but I wanted to get the top of the temple so he is very little. The staff at this Temple were way friendly. The inside was beautiful as one would expect and it had a VERY HUGE GORGEOUS chandelier inside (I told Evan I want one like that in our future house).
After our session we had lunch at a picnic area near the Stake Center. It was a perfect morning.
On our drive home I saw this sign..."Rex Allen" is my nephew's name. How cool is that? It is not uncommon to see a street sign with your name on it, but your first and middle name? pretty crazy...So Heather you can print this picture and frame it for Rex!

5 comments:

  1. Pretty temple. I love your dress. You are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was so excited when I saw the title of your post. I grew up from Thatcher and my parents and brother still live there, so it made me happy to see my home town temple on your blog. I'm glad you guys got to go and you had fun:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful temple! And a beautiful you ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good to know you still take pictures of road signs! How do you pictures look so good? The pictures on my computer are great but they look so bad when I load them. I miss you! Love y'all!

    ReplyDelete