Autumn and I went on another trip. She has become quite the world traveler. This time to meet up with my sister and her kids in Washington D.C. Autumn and I flew to Philadelphia then took a 2 hour train ride to D.C. The train ride took us from Pennsylvania to Delaware to Marylandand then Virginia. It is so cool how close things seem to be on the east coast. Autumn liked the train and the plane, however the she cried on the tram at the airport go figure.
On the train
Saturday we got to my Aunt and Uncle's house A.K.A Hotel Roberts and met ALL her Robins cousins...all two of them.
My almost 3 year old nephew was taking pictures with my camera and this is what he captured...
and that pretty much sums up our trip. Sitting around feeding our babies.
Sunday we went to the D.C. temple. I fed Autumn while everyone else explored.
This is my favorite picture from our stay. Poor Autumn didn't stand a chance next to her older cousins. (However it was Rex that threw the Lego at her. In his defense he was aiming for me.)
Rex giving kisses to cousin Autumn, "to love her".
Monday we ventured into Washington D.C. After getting us lost (not really lost I knew where we were I just didn't know where we wanted to end up) and walking 20-ish minutes out of the way we ended up at The Air and Space Smithsonian. Heather fed Alice. I explored the museum with Rex. He loved all the airplanes. We ate lunch at the over priced McDonalds that was inside the museum. But it was worth the money since it was cold outside and I probably would have gotten us lost trying to find cheaper food. Then Autumn and I walked to the Natural History Museum and I fed Autumn while Rex played more at the other museum.
This was my view at the Natural History Museum. Nice huh?
Rex with the T-Rex in his "Rexcellent" T-shirt.

We also saw the outside of the capitol building and the Washington Monument and the outside of the Constitution building (that's not right, but I can't remember what it's called) where the Constitution sits. Then we ventured back to the car and got us lost. And also got us lost in the parking garage. Good thing Heather drove back to the Hotel Roberts.
Tuesday we went to the mall and took pictures at JcPenny's for my parents for their birthdays. It took all day.
Rex playing with my cousin's retro Fisher Price tool set.
Rex just asked me today if we could go back to Autumn's house. I said yes, and I wish.
ReplyDelete