Yup that's right in the past 9 months I have gone to 6 weddings. Three for immediate family members and three for my high school BFFs. I super LOVE weddings, but really hope there are not any more weddings in the near future since I don't know anyone who is in a serious relationship.
Autumn and I flew to Utah to celebrate Daphni getting hitched! I was SUPER nervous to take Autumn on a trip by myself. I am still a very new mom and Autumn still very much hates the car. I wasn't so worried about the airplane, since I could hold her the whole time and stand up if needed. I was nervous she would be fussy at the reception or rehearsal dinner and I wouldn't be able to perform my bridesmaid duties to the fullest and take care of baby Autumn. It is a good thing I have great friends and my sister to help watch her.

The rehearsal dinner was very beautiful and the food was awesome. My BFF Kristi brought her husband and he took care of Autumn the whole night. I was asked to give a toast at the dinner. I cried. I introduced myself and then just started crying. I'm not sure why, I just did. Then a bunch of people took pity on me and told me how "cute" my toast was. UGh maybe one day I won't be such a baby.

Daphni tried so hard to be a Bridezilla. I say tried because although she was very specific on what she wanted for her special day she didn't yell or get mad at anyone (even when I showed up late to take pictures). Her parents own a screen printing/embroidery business, so Daphni sported a hoodie that read "Bride My Day My Way." She was not kidding. Her younger sister, who flew in from California, a few days before the wedding and apparently showed up with red highlights in her hair. Daphni made a hair appointment for her for the next day to "fix" her hair. She also arranged for all 10 bridesmaids to get their hair and make-up done before the wedding.

It was absolutely FREEZING at the temple. We tried to huddle together while we waited to take our photos, but it didn't help very much.

After what felt like forever outside in the freezing cold we went to a luncheon at a yummy restaurant in Salt Lake then off to the reception hall for more pictures. However I had to take my younger sister to pick up her car so she could continue to help watch Autumn. So we were late taking pictures. OOps! Again it was freezing outside and the photographer made us lean on a metal railing for what felt like forever. I just kept reminding myself that Daphni is my friend and I could handle a few more seconds on the freezing metal railing. Overall it was a great day. Especially since my sister Hannah was my nanny all day and Autumn slept most of the day.
Girl! You look fantastic for just having a baby!
ReplyDelete