Tuesday, January 1, 2013

CHRISTMAS 2012

"Christmas is more fun when you have kids".  I hear this a lot.  I don't necessarily agree.  Since I've been married I've made Evan do "kid" things with me around Christmas time (really all the time).  Like going to Zoo lights the first year we were married or hiding his stocking on Christmas morning.  In fact having a child made Christmas morning a little more hectic.  For example, I had to feed Autumn breakfast while we were opening presents and before we were done opening gifts she needed a nap, so she didn't finish opening hers up, plus she didn't really care about what was going on.  Maybe we should say, "Christmas is more fun when you have a kid who believes in Santa and is SUPER excited they can't hardly sleep Christmas Eve, and are super grateful for all their spoiling."  Nevertheless I had a good time.
Waiting for Greg to wake up so we could see what Santa left.  Also Autumn LOVED Rex's closet with the self of shoes.  She carried around one of Alice's shoes practically all day.
Opening her stocking.
Rex and his super sweet Bow that Santa made for him.
The Norby's
The Bakers.  I'm not sure why Alice is upset, but this was a better picture of Heather.  Your welcome Heather.

Autumn loves this book.  It kept her occupied for awhile, until she needed her nap.
Autumn also really loved Greg's new hunting bucket chair that swiveled.

My favorite gift I got Evan this year was "Eggnog" glasses.  I etched our initials into the glass so that we can use them every year for our after gift toast (a Norby tradition).
The Bakers have Chinese food for dinner on Christmas day.  I think I may start this tradition.  So easy and low key. "Raw, Raw, Raw, Raw, Raw, Raw, Raw"
Autumn also liked Alice's tent

Opening presents after her nap.  Isn't Heather's tree beautiful.  I love the tulle, even cuter than the burlap that has been  trending on Pintrest.


Christmas is tough on little kids.
Evan and his family on Christmas night via Google chat.
All in all it was a great Christmas.  I'm glad we got to spend it with family.

2 comments: